Beemer is offline Free Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690

Tesco car insurance

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I thought this email from my Tesco car insurance was quite strange it reads:

"If you are planning to take your vehicle to the European Union you will require a Green Card from 29th March 2019. We can issue you with a Green Card by post or we can send you a digital version to be printed at home, on green paper. Please ensure you request your Green Card at least 14 days ahead of travel."

The bit about "printed at home. on green paper".. just does not seem official enough for an insurance document.
    Thanks oldbulldog, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post

"If you are planning to take your vehicle to the European Union you will require a Green Card from 29th March 2019. We can issue you with a Green Card by post or we can send you a digital version to be printed at home, on green paper. Please ensure you request your Green Card at least 14 days ahead of travel."

The bit about "printed at home. on green paper".. just does not seem official enough for an insurance document.
    Premature April Fool?

Sue & Martin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive

At the moment, printing at home on white paper is sufficiently official if taking your vehicle to other EU countries; Tesco appear to be jumping the gun a bit, because it's still not clear whether a Green Card will be required from 29 March 2019.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    I think we will be getting an extension so not required, might get my green paper though just in case.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

Sure your ins docs arrive im mail box to be printed if required or stored on pen drive,the paper desktop is long gone.save the rain forest.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

The Card is free

Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Sure your ins docs arrive im mail box to be printed if required or stored on pen drive,the paper desktop is long gone.save the rain forest.
    But the paper costs 49.99 a ream !

You also need special Green ink The usual combination of CMYK is not official enuff

If you arrive by boat the paper must have a special watermark not so if using the tunnel (every little helps)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

back

Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    Premature April Fool?
    back in your cage, and head for chester zoo,a place for funny animals, ok,pj.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    But the paper costs 49.99 a ream !

You also need special Green ink The usual combination of CMYK is not official enuff

If you arrive by boat the paper must have a special watermark not so if using the tunnel (every little helps)
    sorry but youve got them? your cards, ok pj.

Member Number
    The bit about "printed at home. on green paper just does not seem official enough for an insurance document.
    All our insurance documents are sent electronically but make sure you use green paper as I had a green card supplied direct from my then insurance and the shade of green wasn't dark enough for one officer

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    But later on. I'm fairly sure I was sent them printed on white paper.
    I defiantly got one of those
    Last edited by witzend; 01-03-2019 at 08:42.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    All our insurance documents are sent electronically but make sure you use green paper as I had a green card supplied direct from my then insurance and the shade of green wasn't dark enough for one officer
    I also understand it needs to be on Green Paper!
    Better to have it sent via hard copy!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information