CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swift having tough times job losses

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

Swift having tough times job losses

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Considering we are told the leisure market is very buoyant it seems Swift group aren't finding it that way ,,,is this the start of a slippery slide, Willoughby (statics) seem in trouble too

Swift Caravans confirms job losses in 'tough trading environment' - Hull Live

Channa
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    You have to have your finger on the pulse, Autocruise was took over by Swift and I found their after sales and customer services sadly lacking.
    " Age is something that does,nt matter,, unless you are a cheese."
    Likes channa, Alf liked this post

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Doesnít surprise me going off my one and only experience with Swift.
    Bought a new Swift Sundance in 2013, first ever motorhome and dived in with little / no experience of motorhomes.
    Big mistake, pipe fitting came lose causing flooding under kitchen sink. Pipe fitting came lose under shower room sink flooding complete rear end of floor.
    They sent out an engineer to check if bolts holding body to chassis were in place, they were but engineer also had to check if correct seals were used on side windows, they werenít which had caused damp in both sides of motorhome. This resulted in motorhome going back to the factory for 8 weeks.
    To many faults with fixtures and fittings to mention, the build quality was rubbish.
    That was the final straw and I got rid of it at a massive loss after 2 years of ownership.
    I wouldnít have another Swift motorhome if you paid me !
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Toyota Granvia campervan
    I bought a 10 year-old Swift Corniche caravan very cheaply back in 2003. It was cheap because it had all-too-obvious damp and rot in several places and required extensive refurbishment, which I carried out myself.

Whilst working on it I was increasingly appalled at the shoddiness of its construction and its poor design.

I managed to squeeze 5 years of use out of it before finally putting it out of its misery by scrapping it and using parts of its interior on other projects.

Would I ever again buy anything made by Swift ? No bloody chance !!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Autotrail are also cutting back.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Autotrail are also cutting back.
    Don't say that , I have one ,luckily no issues YET.
    " Age is something that does,nt matter,, unless you are a cheese."

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Attrick View Post
    I bought a 10 year-old Swift Corniche caravan very cheaply back in 2003. It was cheap because it had all-too-obvious damp and rot in several places and required extensive refurbishment, which I carried out myself.

Whilst working on it I was increasingly appalled at the shoddiness of its construction and its poor design.

I managed to squeeze 5 years of use out of it before finally putting it out of its misery by scrapping it and using parts of its interior on other projects.

Would I ever again buy anything made by Swift ? No bloody chance !!
    Iím presently looking for another C class and it will be a European manufacturer as looking at Hymer, Burstner and the like the build quality is far superior to all the British made motorhomes Iíve viewed. The only downside is like most things you get what you pay for so they are considerably more expensive.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Likes Gerry Attrick, pamjon liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    It was only the other day there was a thread about crap wiring in Hymers. It seems to me having looked at a lot of vans there is not a great deal quality wise between any of them. Some are just far more expensive crap than others. Unfortunately price seems no guarantee to better quality.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Doesnít surprise me going off my one and only experience with Swift.
    Bought a new Swift Sundance in 2013, first ever motorhome and dived in with little / no experience of motorhomes.
    Big mistake, pipe fitting came lose causing flooding under kitchen sink. Pipe fitting came lose under shower room sink flooding complete rear end of floor.
    They sent out an engineer to check if bolts holding body to chassis were in place, they were but engineer also had to check if correct seals were used on side windows, they werenít which had caused damp in both sides of motorhome. This resulted in motorhome going back to the factory for 8 weeks.
    To many faults with fixtures and fittings to mention, the build quality was rubbish.
    That was the final straw and I got rid of it at a massive loss after 2 years of ownership.
    I wouldnít have another Swift motorhome if you paid me !
    I had virtually the same when I bought a new Auto Sleeper Broadway in 2014, the biggest load of rubbish I have ever owned and I would never buy another Auto Sleeper it spent most of its 3 years down at their factory. It got that bad that we hated the site of it when we opened the kitchen curtains in a morning.

John.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Maybe people are thinking twice before making a large investment in a diesel vehicle. With ever increasing legislation restricting their use they could be saddled with something unsalable in just a few years. For example, in Scotland alone there may be 40 areas where I will be unable to take my Euro 5 van within the next few years. Vehicle manufacturers of all sorts are being hit by this legislation. https://www.blf.org.uk/sites/default...ber%202017.pdf
    2CV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information