Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.

Water Problem.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Fresh water tank gauge has 5 ledís for contents and this morning 3 lit so had shower and down to 2 lit. Heading home tomoss so only put 30 litres in which lit 4 ledís, more than enough until I get home tomoss.
    Checked gauge an hour ago and only 2 led lit ? Had not used much water so mystified.
    Decided to put another 10 litres in and basically itís leaking out the tank quicker than I poured it in. Had a quick look and difficult to see where from, cannot be the bottom of the tank as still have 2 ledís Lit. So looks like I will be crawling about under the van when I get home.
    It would happen now when itís freezing cold, just my luck. Checked the Truma dump valve and all ok.
    So I have set the truma on heating only without water heating so will be warm tonight and can wash up the old way by boiling the kettle.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Fresh water tank gauge has 5 led’s for contents and this morning 3 lit so had shower and down to 2 lit. Heading home tomoss so only put 30 litres in which lit 4 led’s, more than enough until I get home tomoss.
    Checked gauge an hour ago and only 2 led lit ? Had not used much water so mystified.
    Decided to put another 10 litres in and basically it’s leaking out the tank quicker than I poured it in. Had a quick look and difficult to see where from, cannot be the bottom of the tank as still have 2 led’s Lit. So looks like I will be crawling about under the van when I get home.
    It would happen now when it’s freezing cold, just my luck. Checked the Truma dump valve and all ok.
    So I have set the truma on heating only without water heating so will be warm tonight and can wash up the old way by boiling the kettle.
    Is it possible that a drain valve has somehow opened?
    Taken from 404 - Page Not Found (but if you click on the link, the page will be found!).
    "Has anyone else noticed that the drain valves from the water tanks are actually higher than the base of the tanks, so that it is impossible to empty them completely?"
    Sound a bit like your issue, though the photo would suggest that it's in easy sight on the side of the van - at least on the Limousin.
    The same page also has a section about the boiler drain on the Camargue:
    "The drain tap for the boiler is also on the bottom of the cupboard right near the front. Any pressure on this drains the water system. I had had to cut a hole in the 3 mm ply floor to clear this and I made this hole exactly the same size a the cap of an aerosol. I cut this aerosol cap to fit exactly over the drain tap."

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by TJBi View Post
    Is it possible that a drain valve has somehow opened?
    Taken from 404 - Page Not Found (but if you click on the link, the page will be found!).
    "Has anyone else noticed that the drain valves from the water tanks are actually higher than the base of the tanks, so that it is impossible to empty them completely?"
    Sound a bit like your issue, though the photo would suggest that it's in easy sight on the side of the van - at least on the Limousin.
    The same page also has a section about the boiler drain on the Camargue:
    "The drain tap for the boiler is also on the bottom of the cupboard right near the front. Any pressure on this drains the water system. I had had to cut a hole in the 3 mm ply floor to clear this and I made this hole exactly the same size a the cap of an aerosol. I cut this aerosol cap to fit exactly over the drain tap."
    Donít think itís a drain valve unless thereís another on the tank that Iím not aware off. The valve to drain the tank is on the side in full view, I íll have a look Monday or Tuesday when Iím home.
    Whatís bizarre is I havenít moved for a couple of days and everything has been ok. I could understand it happening if I was on the move with vibration etc causing a leak. I just hope itís a pipe or similiar thatís come adrift and not a hole in the actual tank.
    My daughters partner has a friend with a pit, I may ask if I can use it as donít fany crawling around under the van in this weather.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Scrag is offline Full Member
    Name: Craig
    Spouse: Lisa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Euro cargo

Leak

When I had a water leak my pump spun up for a second every 30 seconds or so, it turned out to be a loose pipe clip under the sink in the toilet, do truma have a pump? If they do and you donít hear the pump spinning, it would point to the main tank maybe?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    When I had a water leak my pump spun up for a second every 30 seconds or so, it turned out to be a loose pipe clip under the sink in the toilet, do truma have a pump? If they do and you donít hear the pump spinning, it would point to the main tank maybe?
    Definately the main tank or the filler pipe to it. The pump hasnít fired up since I stopped using the hot and cold water taps.

Member Number
    Is it the water level gauge playing up ?

Or can you see the water going down ?

How did you get on testing your old leisure batteries ?
    Likes shortcircuit liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    If you are on a pressurised system and your pump is not kicking in and out there is no reason to not have your hot water on.
    Last edited by Fazerloz; 10-03-2019 at 08:54.
    Thanks Obanboy666 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Is it the water level gauge playing up ?

Or can you see the water going down ?

How did you get on testing your old leisure batteries ?
    Water fault diagnosed, gauge playing up as you suggested.
    Before I left Cumbria this morning as usual I drained off the Truma and water tanks. The fresh water tank took an age to drain, much longer than it should have according to where the gauge ledís were on control panel. When I topped the tank up yesterday I reckon what I thought was the water leaking out was actually the overflow as tank was full!
    When the weather improves I will fill the tank and if the vibrations from the journey home this morning hasnít sorted it I will look to remove the gauge probe.
    Regarding the batteries I mentioned in a previous post I tested them with a known wattage 12v bulb and both knackered. Now replaced and all ok.
    Likes ian1950, Minisorella liked this post

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Think the tank sensor contacts may be needing descaled /cleaned up
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Thought I would fill the tank today and all appears ok and so it must have been a sensor problem. If it happens again I will remove the sensor and clean / replace it.
    Likes The laird, Alf liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information