CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To shower or not

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs 4 Travel

To shower or not

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I modify my domestic shower routine when in the van. I get wet, turn the shower off, lather and shampoo everywhere, and then turn the water on and rinse. Never yet run out of hot water.

Iím told thatís not a proper shower - and the person who tells me this hates showering in the van but I donít think sheís ever completely run the water cold, just thinks itíll happen.

Itís a 10l Truma Combi tank and letís suppose we use 50/50 hot and cold in the shower, so thatís 20l available. I reckon the water pump is max 6 or 7l/min so thatís 3 mins full blast shower.

Enough?

Seems to me it is...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    I modify my domestic shower routine when in the van. I get wet, turn the shower off, lather and shampoo everywhere, and then turn the water on and rinse. Never yet run out of hot water.

Iím told thatís not a proper shower - and the person who tells me this hates showering in the van but I donít think sheís ever completely run the water cold, just thinks itíll happen.

Itís a 10l Truma Combi tank and letís suppose we use 50/50 hot and cold in the shower, so thatís 20l available. I reckon the water pump is max 6 or 7l/min so thatís 3 mins full blast shower.

Enough?

Seems to me it is...
    Only dirty people wash.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes chas17, ricc, Makzine liked this post

Scrag is offline Full Member
    Name: Craig
    Spouse: Lisa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Euro cargo

Proper proper shower!

Thatís what I do too, sometimes.
    You get a good lather up with the water off, our shower is small so if the waters on you canít get away from the shower head lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    When I'm trying to save water I use a water spray bottle with warm/hottish water and good quality shower gel..I put a few drops of essential oils in it .... I spray it all over even my hair if I'm washing it, lather up and then use the shower head to rinse off and repeat the process again.
    We have a shower head with button that you press to release the water. This saves loads of water for all them paper plates I need to wash 😜
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....
    Likes nicholsong liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quick rub down with a couple of damp lettuce leaves job done
    Trust No One
    Likes trevskoda, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    We have fire bugs on here,drinkers & now STINKERS.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master (Self Built)
    Ever since we started caravanning 45 or so years ago we have always splashed, soaped and then rinsed when out and about simply to save on water. Of course my most beloved who always uses conditioner on her hair has an additional rinse cycle, but even so she only uses about 5 ltrs of water.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    I put one of these in and they save loads of water and is easier than turning the main mixer tap on and off and less wear and tear on the mixer valve. They do have one drawback though and that is if you have a tank of hard water you have to take the head off and drain it after a shower or the holes in the shower head will block up as they are that small. It only takes a few seconds to drain the head so not much of a problem really.
    Super Low Water Pressure Boosting Shower Head Water Saving Bath Showers Bathr PS 191466861622 | eBay

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato
    I just get which ever four legged friend we have with us at the time!! Currently a rather large Newfoundland though heís of to pastures new soon

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

Enough?

Seems to me it is...
    I think if we used the van shower like the one at home we'd struggle, to free up my joints (gf's description of) my shower is boiling hot water blasted at high enough pressure to strip your skin off, gf's on the other hand is half an hour of a tepid dribble.
    In the van we have a trigger showerhead, so it's a quick splash, soap up, then a rinse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information