CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: owning a sited static caravan

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    My advice for what its worth,STAY WELL AWAY,a twisted money pit and almost a total loss.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes yorkslass, yeoblade, alwaysared liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    A £20 000 second hand static would be worthless in about ten years, site rent and running costs will increase every year , site rent on some sites can be £ 6 000 year , if you are happy with these costs great , you will love your static .and your new life style.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    I took a cursory look at one, the rates, water service charge blah blah blah looked Ok, until I realised it was per MONTH, not annually! Cheaper to rent an apartment in Spain for 6 months a year
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes trevskoda, alwaysared liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Absolutely my line of thinking Jeanette shifting a static is hassle , placing a large tourer on a pitch with a large awning and flexibility to move on makes far more sense and have summat to sell worth a few quid come the time.

I frequent a few caravan sites and some of the seasonal pitches are stunning

Channa
    Andrew thatís what we did when we bought the tourer it had a brand new awning with it our son put the decking in and put the awning up we doubled our space in the cool months if it was sunny it was still warm in the awning

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Be wary of relativly new sites on farmland.
    I have known farmers to set up sites as a pre requisite to gaining planning permission to build houses.
    Apparently if the land has not been used for farming for 10 years or more it makes getting planning permission a lot easier. Once they sell the land the site is vacated.

The farmer then makes a fortune from selling the land to a builder.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Hi,

Park homes and static caravan holiday sites are big business here in sunny Bounemouth and the local paper often highlights disputes
    between owners and site managers.

I know nothing about caravan holiday sites or Park homes but from reading the local paper about the disputes I would not get involved with either.

Incidently park homes around here can sell for up to £275,000 thats the same price as a modern 2 bed flat in central Bounemouth.

New Milton 2 bed park home for sale - PS265,000

Dezi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by offgrid View Post
    Off topic i know and very uncool but has anyone had any experience of owning a sited caravan?

I'm currently in negotiations to buy a privately owned caravan on a big holiday park and have a few concerns.

It seems to me that your at the mercy of the holiday park even though you are the owner of the van!

Its not cheap either, costing 20k for the van plus plus 3k pitch fee per year.

Is there any issues when selling the van on in few years down the line?

Any advice/warnings welcome cheers!
    If you use it for 6 months/yr that's £500 a month just for the pitch adding in depreciation nearer £1K / month !! May suit some folk, but i would spend it another way.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes alwaysared liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    We own a static on a very unusual site in that the plots are freehold and the 55 units all have a 55th share of company who own the 68 acre site. Closed six weeks of the year and UK residence strictly enforced. Limitations on what type of unit allowed is based on fire regs and the environment. Any changes, decking etc has to be sent to the executive committee to check in line with rules. No commission when sold,new owner has to be interviewed to ensure they know the rules. It's a haven of wildlife and so glad we found it!
    Just clad the old static and insulated and re- roofed it, extending it in the summer to give another bedroom and ensuite. Oh and fees are £1300 year including rates, water and the maintenance man employed full-time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    For something like that i could be tempted.
    Likes jeanette liked this post
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Same here Sue
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information