CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Day Before

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Last September I offered (no px) Southdowns a price on a new Carthago in stock 2018 model year, they declined it. By February this year is was advertised for sale at 1000 less than I offered, however it did move quickly at the new price.
    Works both ways. When I found my current motorhome (after a few years of looking for that exact model) it seemed a bit too expensive.

I looked at it anyway, and literally as I looked round, the price dropped by 4000.

There was a reason, though. Seems the dealer had been trying to sell it on behalf of a customer who had bought a new one off them, but just before I went to look, they'd bought it off him (for an undisclosed price) fixed a few defects, and dropped the asking price from "a bit too high" to "a good deal" (in my opinion).

I claim no skill in this: I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E435
    Who needs who the most? I always say.
    Dealers should realise that it's them who need their money more than we need their deal.
    I'm always a two offer guy, I always walk away after I name my second price.
    -steve

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Last September I offered (no px) Southdowns a price on a new Carthago in stock 2018 model year, they declined it. By February this year is was advertised for sale at 1000 less than I offered, however it did move quickly at the new price.
    It will have devalued once 2019 dawns because (on paper) it is last years model. If you had turned up again in early January, they would have accepted a lower price for it.

Judging by the prices Southdowns want for Burstner spare parts, selling motorhomes is not the best part of their business.
    Last edited by maingate; Yesterday at 17:46.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    On the day before the Today thread, we tried to do a deal to swap our one year old van for a new similar but A Class.
    We were offered a deal a couple of weeks ago, and after considerable thought we decided to follow through.
    Too late was the bottom line answer and it would now cost us 2K more to swap, and we are not prepared to do that!
    I do understand why as an extra incentive was previously offered via the manufacture.
    So sometimes, it pays to be quick, but sometimes maybe the powers above might be saying stick!
    Had a call today and the dealer has offered the original deal and will not charge for the damp check and hab service which our van has just had!
    I did play hard ball!
    The overall deal is now good, if I want an A Class!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!
    Likes TeamRienza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information