CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Day Before

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one

The Day Before

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    On the day before the Today thread, we tried to do a deal to swap our one year old van for a new similar but A Class.
    We were offered a deal a couple of weeks ago, and after considerable thought we decided to follow through.
    Too late was the bottom line answer and it would now cost us £2K more to swap, and we are not prepared to do that!
    I do understand why as an extra incentive was previously offered via the manufacture.
    So sometimes, it pays to be quick, but sometimes maybe the powers above might be saying stick!
    Last edited by grath; 17-03-2019 at 08:52. Reason: predictive text
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    But what I didn't like was the fact that our van was at the time at the dealership, having a hab service and damp check. I didn't need either, but wanted to keep the warranty intact.
    The dealer would not deduct this charge or even offer a discount on this service. Two weeks ago, they would have taken our van pre service and carried out these checks at their expense.
    Not forgetting, that had I done the deal this week, they would need to do the damp and had check to resell..
    Cake and eat it comes to mind!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598PL
    Sometimes it is worth making the offer you feel is an acceptable for both sides and then walking away having left your contact details. If you have stated that you are not under time constraints and prepared to wait for a van that you like at a price you are prepared to pay, then time and distance can change the sellers outlook. This is obviously what has happened with the poorly presented van that you described in the ‘today’ thread. However you are aware of these tactics having bought and sold for a living and traded vans for a hobby !!

Davy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    The van in the today thread is out of the equation. My offer for the new van is on the table, is the same as they offered to me two weeks ago, and I have walked!😀
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Seems to me that buying new is a mug's game.
    You get a depreciation hit, you have the bugs to sort, and you have any the pointless hab checks to pay for to keep a guarantee.
    I reckon it's better to carefully choose a good quality secondhand one and keep it for a long time.
    Probably correct. Strangely enough, in this instance, the difference is very similar, so new is better deal
    Last edited by grath; 17-03-2019 at 09:51.
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Have you contacted

No 10 DS for a job ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    You could have had a nice NEW A Class sitting on your drive by now ..

He who hesitates ..

We have also changed registration prefixes which may have had something to do with it or they were getting near the year end and wanted to move some stock

Last edited by QFour; 17-03-2019 at 16:39.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    You could have had a nice NEW A Class sitting on your drive by now ..

He who hesitates ..

We have also changed registration prefixes which may have had something to do with it or they were getting near the year end and wanted to move some stock

I think you missed that I said there was previously, an extra incentive from the manufacture!
    It was a Grand Opening and the manufacture was giving the dealer extra discount!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Last September I offered (no px) Southdowns a price on a new Carthago in stock 2018 model year, they declined it. By February this year is was advertised for sale at £1000 less than I offered, however it did move quickly at the new price.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E435
    Who needs who the most? I always say.
    Dealers should realise that it's them who need their money more than we need their deal.
    I'm always a two offer guy, I always walk away after I name my second price.
    -steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information