CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kärcher window vac, they are very popular on here this is a video of a postmortem

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Apart from the gallon that's been beading up and running down your window all night whilst you weren't in action with vour vac ...
    Into the deep and likely unpainted bit hidden behind the dash in most vans.
    Most of the water condenses on your window after and during the early stages after sunrise. Very little occurs during earlier parts of the night. If you are worried about ingress within the dash then I would have thought some waterproofing could be added there. This may also confirm or rebuke your assertion that much of the condensed water has already breached your dash. However I would have thought that manufacturers would have taken cognisance of this possibility, and taken required measures.

Also as hairydog points out your windscreen acts as a convector for condensation. If you prevent this, condensation will occur in other parts of your van.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 13-04-2019 at 21:48.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago C-Line 4.9
    Think I need one of these now.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Think I need one of these now.
    Don’t forget also, they are great for your home also.

I found the smaller squeggee was better for the van, whilst the larger is more suited to household use.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

alwaysared is offline Full Member
    Name: Derek AKA Del
    Spouse: Diane

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Ours stopped charging just after 2 years, I knew it was just the charger but we had a free extended warranty from Homebase so I took it back and they gave us a replacement which was a much better design than the first generation.
    Again the charger stopped working on the new one so I bought a replacement because I wanted the plug to make a UBS charger lead for it, so apart from the chargers being a dodgy it's been a great bit of kit and works great.

Regards,
    Del
    In my defence 9 times out of 10 it does look like I'm listening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information