CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: French speeding ticket GRrrrr

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    Bout time the gendarmerie caught up with you high speed merchants.
    I think thats where the problem started when they gave up and a private organisation took over the issue of speeding fines and speed cameras and they are catching up the backlog

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B564 Lionheart 2001
    I have had one speeding ticket and that was in the UK. I was offered a speed awareness course. I was mad at the time but mad with myself for getting it. I was just glad that I had no points and no penalty on the insurance. I thought I was in a 40 zone but it was 30 and I was going 33. My own opinion is pay up, be glad there are no points and be more careful next time. I know itís made me more careful though having said that last time in France last summer I thought I saw a flash. It may not have at us of course but I can be a little smug as I wasnít the one driving

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    I attended a speed awareness course about 2 years ago. 34 in a 30 limit got me fair and square.
    I take quite an interest in driving and took my advanced driving test 5 years ago and passed, what surprised me on the speed awareness course was the number of people who had very little idea of the highway code and current speed limits.
    I noticed the people running the course were repeating a lot I'd heard on the advanced driving course I'd taken, as they do this training too and training for company drivers as well.
    I think they're a good idea as many people just have to drive, but actually have no interest in driving whatsoever,it's a necessity nowadays, and therefore do not keep up to date with things.
    And, there is a 20 limit outside our house and I'm thankful for those who manage to just keep their speed down to 30!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yeoblade; 16-04-2019 at 11:41. Reason: sppelling
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes carol, Northumborman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    Hi Colin, not me I was doing 89 kph in an 80 zone. That's 55 mph on a trunk road, I'm hardly a speed king in a 2.0 Peugeot Boxer. It's a blatant scam and another backdoor tax on the motorist and I applaud the Froggies for burning and trashing speed cameras across the country every week. Perhaps if the speed limits were more realistic, there weren't so many cameras and they were situated in problem areas rather than being a blatant cash cow, the motorist might have more respect for them and the authorities.
    Just got my notification for exactly same speed , happened in January , 2 hours after arriving in France . Read this thread with interest as I no longer have my van . Will be back in France in June with a different van (hopefully) . Suspect I will pay though I've got a feeling it's probably not necessary .
    When it comes to fines , parking tickets and taxes my moral high ground drops to sea level .
    Likes carol, shaunr68 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Just got my notification for exactly same speed , happened in January , 2 hours after arriving in France . Read this thread with interest as I no longer have my van . Will be back in France in June with a different van (hopefully) . Suspect I will pay though I've got a feeling it's probably not necessary .
    When it comes to fines , parking tickets and taxes my moral high ground drops to sea level .

I am not commenting on your paying or not.

I am interested in the way they are processing the notifications and the information they are using from the DVLA.

It appears that in this case that at the time the notification was despatched the poster no longer had the MH, so at what point in the process did the French aquire the information that the poster was the Registered Keeper? There seems to be a timelag in the system.

Are the French automatically requesting DVLA information at, or just after, the offence? And then not processing the paperwork for 2-3 months?

If this is the case then anyone could claim that they had since sold the MH. Would they then re-check that it was still owned?

Geoff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    We were given a lot of notice that the DVLA would start giving details to foreign police forces but people still get off the ferry and fly, with no regard for the speed limits, presumably because they always have.
    Likes colinmd liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    I am not commenting on your paying or not.

I am interested in the way they are processing the notifications and the information they are using from the DVLA.

It appears that in this case that at the time the notification was despatched the poster no longer had the MH, so at what point in the process did the French aquire the information that the poster was the Registered Keeper? There seems to be a timelag in the system.

Are the French automatically requesting DVLA information at, or just after, the offence? And then not processing the paperwork for 2-3 months?

If this is the case then anyone could claim that they had since sold the MH. Would they then re-check that it was still owned?

Geoff
    Would be handy to know these things .
    I got my notification yesterday haven't been in possession of van for 2 weeks . Suspect purely a coincidence and not credible grounds for appeal !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roadtrek 190V
    I don't think ownership of the van now comes into it, ask yourself was I there when the alleged offence occurred and could I have been doing that speed, if the answer is yes, then pay up... Keep to the speed limit and they wont bother you.... SIMPLES
    Colin
    Warning: Definitely contains nuts.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadTrek Boy View Post
    I don't think ownership of the van now comes into it, ask yourself was I there when the alleged offence occurred and could I have been doing that speed, if the answer is yes, then pay up... Keep to the speed limit and they wont bother you.... SIMPLES
    Don't be getting all sensible now .....
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadTrek Boy View Post
    Wasn't questioning anything about ownership of van., just idly wondering if I can avoid paying the fine .
    Simples as that
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information