CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another toilet thread

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Double or Triple Ply Man size tissues. Separate a Ply and use it to line the bowl.

For those not good at Maths, a box of triple ply tissues will last 50% longer than double ply.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    . For hygiene , They are biodegradable .
    How does a sheet of plastic add hygene? This is utter nonsense.

Human waste will wash off the bowl and into the cassette. It will be LESS hygenic to have it bound to a bit of plastic.

All plastics are biodegradable. Plastic normally biodegrades to an even more dangerous mix of pollutants. Do not be fooled by the false claims of biodegradable plastic: it really is a fiction.
    Likes antiquesam, trevskoda, jann liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    How does a sheet of plastic add hygene? This is utter nonsense.

Human waste will wash off the bowl and into the cassette. It will be LESS hygenic to have it bound to a bit of plastic.

All plastics are biodegradable. Plastic normally biodegrades to an even more dangerous mix of pollutants. Do not be fooled by the false claims of biodegradable plastic: it really is a fiction.
    I doo enjoy the occasional vindaloo.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Polish the bowl occasionally with Pledge (other silicone furniture polishes are available).

Everything slides in easily.
    Likes molly 2 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    This thread is really going down the pan.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    Polish the bowl occasionally with Pledge (other silicone furniture polishes are available).

Everything slides in easily.
    If , as an alternative , you polished your bum with Pledge would everything slide out easily ?
    Likes trevskoda, molly 2 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I have a reputation in the household for creating blockages in the toilet at home. That isn't a problem in the van, as I hear that satisfying plonk I know that delivery was direct and complete. It's only after a day or two, when I come to empty the cassette that I have the blockage problem and have to rinse and empty, turn it up to that familiar plonk again and keep repeating the process a dozen times or so.
    I do hope this isn't too much information, but the thread seemed to invite details of the difficulties of a cassette toilet, which wouldn't be helped by a plastic bag.
    Likes trevskoda, bobemmo29 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    If you are having problems with solids not dissolving, wash the cassette as clean as possible to get rid of all traces of toilet fluid, and use a sachet of bio laundry liquid instead. We prefer Tesco own brand because it's less perfumed than Lido's but I expect any will do.
    It works far better than the stuff sold for putting in toilets, but you can't mix: any vestiges of toilet fluid will kill the bio stuff that breaks down the solids and paper.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    If , as an alternative , you polished your bum with Pledge would everything slide out easily ?
    Good idea and then clean the gun barrel with that hairy spiky toilet brush,a couple of good pull throughs will surfice.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes antiquesam liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    If you are having problems with solids not dissolving, wash the cassette as clean as possible to get rid of all traces of toilet fluid, and use a sachet of bio laundry liquid instead. We prefer Tesco own brand because it's less perfumed than Lido's but I expect any will do.
    It works far better than the stuff sold for putting in toilets, but you can't mix: any vestiges of toilet fluid will kill the bio stuff that breaks down the solids and paper.
    I obviously have a bigger problem than I thought, as I have been using those things for the last twelve months.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information