CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Money abroad

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    WHAT !!!! 😱.... well that news to me so thanks for the heads up.
    I bet that catches a lot of people out
    Not convinced this happens very often ...

Maybe it no longer does.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion
    This does happen,

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza33 View Post
    I use a CaxtonFX card and it does work at unmanned petrol stations, using the app I can check the balance and top up ready to spend, exchange rate is good as well
    Thanks for that information, didn't happen in past,I checked on their website,it says a higher amount can be held for 20 days so not practical for everyday use but fine for emergency

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    It happens in the UK as well, usually within 5 days it is cleared but it can be up to 10 business days
    Generally it takes about 3 to 5 business days to process a transaction, although it can take up to 10 business days or longer. During the time a transaction is pending the transaction amount is deducted from your 'available funds,' but your 'account balance' is not affected.
    on my recent trip to France it was only about two days on average so no problem

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    I may not have noticed this happening. I don't check the card balance except on the statements.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

r4dent is offline Mostly Harmless
    Name: Pete
    Spouse: Liza

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach
    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    ... and a muggers wallet with a small denomination of coins and one smallish value note - someone points a knife at me they get the smaller value wallet.
    My muggers wallet also contains a couple of store discount cards and some out of date Credit /Debit cards. (at least 2 months OOD because most companies honor them for a month after the expiry date. )

The muggers wallet is also left out on a work surface when we are in the MoHo.

Unfortunately, the one time we were robbed was on our first night in EU and they got the real thing. I hadn't set up the muggers wallet. Now it is set up permanently and left in the MoHo.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    Quote Originally Posted by r4dent View Post
    My muggers wallet also contains a couple of store discount cards and some out of date Credit /Debit cards. (at least 2 months OOD because most companies honor them for a month after the expiry date. )

The muggers wallet is also left out on a work surface when we are in the MoHo.

Unfortunately, the one time we were robbed was on our first night in EU and they got the real thing. I hadn't set up the muggers wallet. Now it is set up permanently and left in the MoHo.
    Bl**dy good thinking Pete, Im going to get that organised.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    I have ordered a CaxtonFX card, after reading the favourable comments on here, but can anyone tell me, in plain English, when I load the card, do I load s and request the card to be loaded in euros?
    Likes Herbenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post
    I have ordered a CaxtonFX card, after reading the favourable comments on here, but can anyone tell me, in plain English, when I load the card, do I load s and request the card to be loaded in euros?
    You load the Caxton FX card in the currency you are going to be using. When you are loading the card you see the exchange rate you are getting.
    I recently paid for something with my Halifax card and had the choice of whiter to pay in euros or pounds. If I had paid in pounds it would have cost 59.60. I paid in euros. The amount on my Halifax statement was 56.80. Always pay in the local currency and get your card to do the exchange. Don't take the pay in gbp option.
    Likes Tezza33, winks, RoaminRog liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post

When you load the card you choose the currency you want and it almost instantly shows as a balance on the card, once or twice it`s taken a minute or so to show.

You can have 15 separate currencies at any one time loaded and available to use on it.

This is mine now Screenshot (29).jpg it shows the available balance which is left over from last year.

Each separate currency is shown in a separate box.

Last year i also had some USD on it for a purchase from the America i made which wouldn`t accept a UK credit card

I converted some of last years left over euros into USD and the American website accepted the Caxton FX card no problem.

I ended up with 33 cents left on the card which they converted back to euros for me after i phoned them no problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trust No One
    Likes Herbenny, RoaminRog liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information