CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate Parking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We would have parked as you described. It would annoy us if someone parked up right on our bumper when there is lots of space. And then there’d have been a thread about that!
    BUT if I’d seen trucks coming in and not able to park, we’d have shuffled up to make space.
    Likes Fisherman, peter palance liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Having spent years sleeping in laybys while lorry driving I really can't imagine anyone doing it for pleasure, unless it's some form of fetish. Noisy, smelly and with rats running around. There are thousands of places to overnight, often not far from the main trunk roads which must be better than that.
    Likes mistericeman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

There

Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Laybys are for anyone unless there is a truck notice entering it,you have as much right to rest as they have.
    There is no rest, for the wicked, so be careful, were you park your bum, ok.pj
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    We would have parked as you described. It would annoy us if someone parked up right on our bumper when there is lots of space. And then there’d have been a thread about that!
    BUT if I’d seen trucks coming in and not able to park, we’d have shuffled up to make space.
    Since posting on here I have been surprised at the amount of self criticism.
    Some always seem to point out our deficiencies, some of which are borne out of ignorance, or simply a lack of facilities. Whilst I do find it irrational and irritating at times, it does highlight that we set a high standard for what we do, and that is laudable.

I remember one poster posting a photograph of a wild camper dumping his grey waste, with their outlet left open. Surely the benefit of the doubt could have been applied, I have accidentally forgot to close my valve before taking off. Generally speaking we are a considerate bunch, albeit with one or two who simply don’t care. We have to remember that one in five Motorhomes are hired, and many of those using them are genuinely ignorant of our accepted behaviour.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.
    Likes trevskoda, time4t, GinaRon, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    Having spent years sleeping in laybys while lorry driving I really can't imagine anyone doing it for pleasure, unless it's some form of fetish. Noisy, smelly and with rats running around. There are thousands of places to overnight, often not far from the main trunk roads which must be better than that.
    I don't usually use lay-bys but this particular one is always clean and tidy,with picnic tables and plenty of space for the dog to run around,also it's not always simple to find a quieter spot when I'm in a truck.
    Sent From My Cheap Mobile Using Tapafatfinger.
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Inconsiderate parking can be attributed to all types of vehicles.
    But I doubt it if you will see any comments on other types of forums.
    This highlights to me that this concern is borne from the fact that we set better standards, and become frustrated and angry when some fall below a certain standard.
    In his particular case I'm singling out motorhomers simply because we are overnighting whereas cars usually only stop for brief periods.
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    In his particular case I'm singling out motorhomers simply because we are overnighting whereas cars usually only stop for brief periods.
    Asterix no problem, and your post shows that you are a considerate person, we need more like you.

I am trying to point out that we are very much into self criticism, which has its place.

But I am new to this site and Motorhoming, I just find this surprising.

Obviously we are treated like nuisances by many, possibly this is what makes us this way.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.
    Likes Asterix liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Asterix no problem, and your post shows that you are a considerate person, we need more like you.

I am trying to point out that we are very much into self criticism, which has its place.

But I am new to this site and Motorhoming, I just find this surprising.

Obviously we are treated like nuisances by many, possibly this is what makes us this way.
    I agree,but I think we need to go above and beyond what is normal for most road users,we are often lumped together with the "other" travelling community that really share nothing in common with us, therefore it's down to us to make that distinction.
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    I agree,but I think we need to go above and beyond what is normal for most road users,we are often lumped together with the "other" travelling community that really share nothing in common with us, therefore it's down to us to make that distinction.
    Could not agree more.

Can I qualify that by stating that some of the poor behaviour is through ignorance, and some through lack of proper facilities.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    so we have posts that complain that motorhomers don't park close together in a parking area
    and we have posts that complain that motorhomers part too close together in a parking area

can't win either way
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone
    Likes Alf, yeoblade liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information