yorkshireCPLE is offline Full Member
    Name: Carl
    Spouse: Helen, the better half...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    It really shows the difference between UK and Europe,truckers have facilities over there but almost nothing over here,I'm not defending the fact that they leave mess and ��,but what would you do if caught out knowing that you can't simply drive off and find a loo? You almost never see this in Europe
    Exactly there should be regular service points..

Just to be clear tho, I'm not saying they're disgusting, sadly they have no other choice. Apart from getting a bucket and bag which some do already....
    Last edited by yorkshireCPLE; 18-04-2019 at 10:04.
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    ,but what would you do if caught out knowing that you can't simply drive off and find a loo? You almost never see this in Europe
    At least have the common decency and politeness to dispose of it in a sanitary and none offensive way perhaps??

No excuse at all for just shitting at the side of a road... Or pissing in a bottle and lobbing it out of the window at the first opportunity.
    Obviously the use a bottle whilst they are driving... Then can't be bothered to empty it and bin the bottle.

Scutters frankly.
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido A class

Poo

Surely it cannot beyond the wit of these people to be prepared and crap in a container of some type and pee in bottle which they can then dispose of in suitable place. On the other hand perhaps they are just morons who care little for anyone else or the environment.

I expect the later, I wonder if the OP noticed fifty were UK registered vehicle or otherwise.

On a different but similar note. I remember stopping at services on the M4 a while ago, we stopped near some grass and scrubby bushes near the lorry park to let the dog have a walk, the smell or urine and sight of what was obviously human waste was overpowering. Strange thing was the toilet facilities which were open 24 hrs were closer to the parked lories than the grass and bushes. Lazy swine springs to mind.
    Likes time4t, Alf, Biggarmac, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireCPLE View Post
    But they could have toilets onboard. They nearly always have an empty passenger seat. They should have a removable base like landrover had, and they should fit a loo under the seats....
    That's a matter for the owner, or the manufacturer not the driver. Drivers don't always drive the same vehicle.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    It really shows the difference between UK and Europe,truckers have facilities over there but almost nothing over here,I'm not defending the fact that they leave mess and 💩,but what would you do if caught out knowing that you can't simply drive off and find a loo? You almost never see this in Europe
    Unfortunately the litter left in truck areas in Europe is disgraceful . Even where there are bins . Never come across the unmentionable stuff though

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    We seem to comparing the UK to the rest of Europe, but we have a large minority of European trucks driving around the UK and I don't imagine they are totally innocent of the problems being talked about. Well I know they aren't.
    Likes sasquatch liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    I've seen plenty of laybys in europe where you only have to go 5 metres up the verge or into woods and you're ankle deep in turd, and not just from truck drivers. Even though they do have a lot more laybys and picnic areas with loos than we have over here.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    That's a matter for the owner, or the manufacturer not the driver. Drivers don't always drive the same vehicle.
    Yes I realise that, but you would think manufactures would do something. Until then drivers could bag it and bin it.... doesn't matter which truck they were in then.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28

Shame

We can all talk about it moan about it but nowt will change it !!!
    Likes antiquesam, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Suntor 630G

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information