CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusting HGV drivers

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Suntor 630G

Disgusting HGV drivers

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Having just witnessed the rubbish left after an HGV driver had overnight stop at a layby on A75, we are absolute appalled, especially when they also left their excrement complete with wipes as well.

I hope motorhomes don't get blamed for this.
    Likes Donsider liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    Please don't think all lorry drivers are the same. My husband has been a lorry drivers for 30 years and he has the same attitude he has while motorhoming and that is to leave no trace.
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....
    Thanks Alf, peter palance thanked for this post

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    Please don't think all lorry drivers are the same. My husband has been a lorry drivers for 30 years and he has the same attitude he has while motorhoming and that is to leave no trace.
    Thank you for upholding us hgv guys ,but I have noticed the crap left behind by some unfortunately
    Likes Alf, Jimhunterj4, royh28 liked this post
    Thanks Jimhunterj4, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Suntor 630G
    I know it's not all, but when you have 2 HGVs stopping and 2 new piles of rubbish 1 of which was with extras🤢. Surely this behaviour is the reason why the "no overnight" signs go up.

Believe me if it where motorhomers I would just as quickly complained. But we can be easily blamed as surely it can't be the "Knights of the road". Just bonkers why people behave this way.
    Likes Donsider, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Good and bad in all walks of career. One point I must add, it goes to show it is not only MH owners that require facilities around various parts of UK.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mash369 View Post
    I know it's not all, but when you have 2 HGVs stopping and 2 new piles of rubbish 1 of which was with extras🤢. Surely this behaviour is the reason why the "no overnight" signs go up.

Believe me if it where motorhomers I would just as quickly complained. But we can be easily blamed as surely it can't be the "Knights of the road". Just bonkers why people behave this way.
    No overnighting signs don't usually go up in laybys, which I feel should be left to the lorries that have to stop before they complete 9 hours of driving in the day or face prosecution. Why on earth would someone on holiday want to stop next to a busy road, knowing that it is likely to be used by lorries that don't have toilet facilities on board?
    Likes trixie88, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mash369 View Post
    Having just witnessed the rubbish left after an HGV driver had overnight stop at a layby on A75, we are absolute appalled, especially when they also left their excrement complete with wipes as well.

I hope motorhomes don't get blamed for this.
    when the tortoise head appears what can one do.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 19-04-2019 at 06:26.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Wully, helmit liked this post

yorkshireCPLE is offline Full Member
    Name: Carl
    Spouse: Helen, the better half...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28
    I know alot of lorry drivers, I've been one myself and to be fair they don't all leave crap in laybys, but alot do.
    As they state, they're stuck to what the law says on the hours they can drive. So they can't garrantee to pull up where there are public loos or bins.
    The bit I can't understand is most truckers are on there own, why not have a passenger seat that they can lift the base off and have a portaloo under it, then empty it back at HQ or make some service points for toilet waste and rubbish along all major roads. That would maybe help us in motorhomes too. Even if motorhomes needed to pay a small fee to empty.

It isnt good in a truck when you are touching cloth and there are no loos that you can park close to. So why they don't have them onboard beats me..

Only last year we pulled up in a layby, I walked round to passenger side and stood in a very fresh pile of human sh^t. It,s worse than standing in dog muck and that's bad enough. At least they could have a bucket and bag and dispose in a bin if need be and not crap on the side of a layby...
    As you can imagine I wasnt best pleased. Like all the bottles of pee that they leave behind. Surely they're not still driving as they pee in these bottles, so why not get out and pee in the verge and then dispose of the bottle correctly...

Rant over....
    Likes Mash369, time4t, Alf, jeanette, trevskoda, royh28 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    It really shows the difference between UK and Europe,truckers have facilities over there but almost nothing over here,I'm not defending the fact that they leave mess and 💩,but what would you do if caught out knowing that you can't simply drive off and find a loo? You almost never see this in Europe
    Sent From My Cheap Mobile Using Tapafatfinger.
    Likes time4t, mariesnowgoose, royh28 liked this post

yorkshireCPLE is offline Full Member
    Name: Carl
    Spouse: Helen, the better half...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    No overnighting signs don't usually go up in laybys, which I feel should be left to the lorries that have to stop before they complete 9 hours of driving in the day or face prosecution. Why on earth would someone on holiday want to stop next to a busy road, knowing that it is likely to be used by lorries that don't have toilet facilities on board?
    But they could have toilets onboard. They nearly always have an empty passenger seat. They should have a removable base like landrover had, and they should fit a loo under the seats....
    Likes Mash369, trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information