CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seating dilemma. Nissan elgrand the answer?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily

Seating dilemma. Nissan elgrand the answer?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Someone somewhere must have the answer. In my iveco daily self build I currently have one driver seat on a swivel and one single passenger seat on a swivel. I want to take the single passenger seat out and put in a nice double seat. Preferably that swivels for my wife and daughter. All the main manufacturers I've dealt with only do singles
    Someone said to me about using a double rear swivel seat from a Nissan Elgrand. Has anyone done this

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossangel View Post
    Someone somewhere must have the answer. In my iveco daily self build I currently have one driver seat on a swivel and one single passenger seat on a swivel. I want to take the single passenger seat out and put in a nice double seat. Preferably that swivels for my wife and daughter. All the main manufacturers I've dealt with only do singles
    Someone said to me about using a double rear swivel seat from a Nissan Elgrand. Has anyone done this
    You need to start from basics, get a seat with built in seat belts, and then a fixing for the seat that makes the mot inspector happy.

Now Trevsoda could be the man to ask, I think he finds a little dab of semtex behind the ears always encourages an easy pass.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks Bossangel thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bucaneer
    Se utube - maybe help?
    Al
    YouTube

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi Delica L300 & L400
    The centre seat in a Mitsubishi Delica L400 8 seater is a two seater that swivels - seat belts are attached to the seat.
    Not a very good pic - but in this wiew its rotated 180 degrees.
    a62ab7cb332af47bcb58e71158702249.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Look for a double front seat from VW T5 or 6 scrapper they do a double swivel seat.

Alf

Likes maingate, yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily
    Quote Originally Posted by davep10000 View Post
    The centre seat in a Mitsubishi Delica L400 8 seater is a two seater that swivels - seat belts are attached to the seat.
    Not a very good pic - but in this wiew its rotated 180 degrees.
    a62ab7cb332af47bcb58e71158702249.jpg
    This is a lovely looking seat. Looks a bit wide fornanfront passenger and none on eBay
    Great idea though and Iíll look more into it

Thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Look for a double front seat from VW T5 or 6 scrapper they do a double swivel seat.

Alf
    And doubles for other vans, like Vivaros are available too on ebay
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    You may have probs with mountings which pas veh construction and use regs,if built after2006 the under floor plates must comply to a certain size,bolts to must be correct and strength,i went through all this when i built my wagon.
    Also all front belts must restrain folk from being able to strike the dash or screen if retro fitted.
    Some may or could ask for a 12 ton pull test which requires the screen removed to do so,best you go inquire first.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Bossangel liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily
    So what seats did you end up fitting in yours in the end. I've been looking at minibus seats but they don't swivel.
    It was much simpler when just the wife and I went adventuring

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mazda bongo
    we got our camper from campers scotland in grangemouth its an toyata alphard
    we used to have a delicia years ago campers scotland are now converting delicia,s into campervans
    they may have swivels seats available when we picked up the camper there was piles os seats left outside
    from the conversions not sure how many delicia,s they done but worth a try
    Likes Bossangel, mickymost liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information