Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Most cars these days do at least 60mpg but vans mostly average about 25/30 mpg,yes the lower roof type are better but its the flat back end that causes the drag not the front.
    My car is just 3 years old Trev, they reckoned it was good for 60 mpg on all the specifications. In reality it averages 34.8mpg. I donít give it a lot of stick either as I much prefer driving the van so itís normally mrsdrives it now.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes Alf, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544
    my a class drives exactly like a car cruises comfortably on cruise control at 80mph on the empty motorways abroad, i did an advanced driving course almost 50 years ago it used to reduce your insurance by 10% and we were told load & road decide your speed with load being the amount of traffic,
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Caddy maxi
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    I visiting Scotland and you like to trundle along at 40mph please use the lay-bys to let faster vehicles get on with their day and that way you wonít p1ss the locals off.
    I often pass motorhomes comment the other direction with 10+ cars behind, the owners looking at our stunning highland scenery, some curiously would be much appreciated.

On my commute, the return journey can be much longer in the summer when compared to the winter times, 1:45hr summer compared to 1 hour in the winter for 46 miles A roads.
    I stay near work now during the working week I got so frustrated with overtaking cars and motorhomes with the risk and nearly daily accidents on the A82.

Phill

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridaphill View Post
    I often pass motorhomes comment the other direction with 10+ cars behind, the owners looking at our stunning highland scenery, some curiously would be much appreciated.

On my commute, the return journey can be much longer in the summer when compared to the winter times, 1:45hr summer compared to 1 hour in the winter for 46 miles A roads.
    I stay near work now during the working week I got so frustrated with overtaking cars and motorhomes with the risk and nearly daily accidents on the A82.

Phill
    The A82 seems to be particularly bad. Big snake of traffic with a motorhome at the front doing 35/40mph. I understand they are in no hurry but other people are. Pull over and let faster vehicles past!😡
    Likes Alf, time4t, channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I tried to pass a slow motorhome with a lady driving and noticed she was knitting , i opened my window and shouted pullover and she replied no its a cardigan.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    My car is just 3 years old Trev, they reckoned it was good for 60 mpg on all the specifications. In reality it averages 34.8mpg. I donít give it a lot of stick either as I much prefer driving the van so itís normally mrsdrives it now.
    I would have taken it back or buy the other half lighter shoes.
    I had a old soda which is stated to do 48mpg at best,i got 52mpg on long runs and 27/34 knocking about or in winter.
    My new to me proton will do 60mpg on most long runs if i keep her below 60mph
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    I visiting Scotland and you like to trundle along at 40mph please use the lay-bys to let faster vehicles get on with their day and that way you wonít p1ss the locals off.
    If driving on any road in Scotland or anywhere else and you are holding up the traffic behind please use lay-bys or pull in where convenient to allow following traffic to pass.

Driving with reasonable consideration for other road users as per Sec 3, Road Traffic Act 1988.
    Likes time4t, trevskoda, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    I have a 4100Kg Hymer 7m A-class based on a Fiat Ducato and I generally drive at 70 mph on motorways.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    How 180hp is well happy at 75mph, but 60mph is my norm.

Member Number
    Most of my observations of camper and motorhome speeds have very little to do with the vehicle, even less with the speed limit, but a lot to do with the lump of meat behind the steering wheel.
    Likes Caz, trevskoda liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information