The original poster did say “i was working on my laptop”. So I wouldn’t worry unduly about starting fires.
Sue, the lovely Mrs Oppy, had her tablet catch fire over night. Granted it was an old one donated by our son, but it was being charged overnight by the original supplied charger. Fortunately she was awakened by the noise, but our bedroom was full of smoke and luckily she woke up. Flamin' lithium ion batteries.
i had my ancient laptop "thermally repasted" this year... and i have noticed a significant reduction in the temperature of the laptop when i sit using it on my lap. i also renewed my charger at the same time. things do wear out.
But i have almost had 2 fires when using USB double adaptors in the van - the plastic melted because the cabling inside (i took it to pieces afterwards) was NOT sheathed into separate strands.... chinese.... obviously ... from Halfords ..... and probably most outlets as well....
i have had my laptop charger hard wired/switched from the 2nd leisure battery and nothing gets too hot anymore.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)