CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The light of my life went out last night rip sheila

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ldv convoy ex lwb mini bus converted to camper van

The light of my life went out last night rip sheila

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    As the title says Sheila passed away 8.20 last night after a long illness at home with me and the dogs.
    I have had to face this day arriving for a very very long time ,she collapsed in January recovered but we were told she hadnt many days left .
    She came home and started to recover only for her hip to fracture which put her back in hospital and much weaker .
    Bed sore finally sean her off after it turned to sepsis back in hospital for 5 days came home last Friday at 6 pm .
    Settled in over the weekend but we new time was short so we discussed her wishes regarding funeral.
    Said we would talk more in the morning Sheila went to sleep I went to bed 11pm.
    5am I woke to came down stairs Sheila was struggling to breath so put oxygen mask on her settled her down .
    I went back to bed woke at 08.30 came down stairs Sheila was still asleep but still breathing hard.
    I got the family round to say goodbye With her .yorkshire terrier by her side she slipper away.
    Dont be sad we had a great life together for 45 years
    We holidayed in tin tent for 5 years before buying our first campervan Betsy Bus LDV converted mini bus,
    wild camped every where we went Ireland , Scotland Wales and most parts of the south coast of Britain for the next 5 years then purchased the wildax citroen based conversion which Sheila loved , it had a shower and a proper loo......and heating.
    which we have had 4 years now.
    Sheila not been well enough this year to travel so Betsy has been parked up on our back garden.
    I am just wondering about putting her back on the road again, needs MOT but its all ready been prept.
    Not sure how I feel about venturing out on my own with just the 2 dogs for company.
    Will it make me sad and not want to carry on alone?? or is it just what I need to heal me !!!!
    I am surrounded by Sheilas things every where I look ,Including the hospital bed in the sitting room ,,,,,till Red Cross can fetch it on 1st July.
    Sorry about the ramble but I feel a little better already.
    bgrgds.Ian

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    It's hard to know what to say with such a sad story but my sincere condolences,at least your family was with her at the end to say their goodbyes.It's so hard to lose a loved one and I know just how you are feeling...........all the best and stay strong.
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
    Likes chas17, john77, Discoduck liked this post
    Thanks Discoduck thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    I'm much saddened by your news.

May Sheila sleep well and in peace ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes chas17 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Stargazer
    Sad news and my heart goes out to you. My partner died from lung cancer in November 2014. We had been together for 22 years and I was distraught. I went into virtual hibernation for about six months but was well supported by family and great neighbours. Finally bit the bullet and got me and the dog off for a weekend in the camper. It was hard but I carried on and though I still miss her dreadfully we now get away fairly regularly. Poppy is a yellow lab and is a great companion. I now class myself as alone but not lonely and Iím sure youíll make it as well. Donít be scared of grieving, take the days as they come. Some will be better than others and I really wish you all the best in this difficult time.
    Thanks channa, Alf, Discoduck thanked for this post

Member Number
    Sorry to hear this sad news. Lost my dad 4 years ago and my mum this year. They had been married 60 years. The last 4 years was difficult as mum was housebound but we got her through it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    My sincere condolences to you, your family and friends I know weíve never met it sounds as if you had a very happy and full filling life, my thoughts and prayers are with you

mickymost is offline Free Member
    Name: Michael
    Spouse: Swmbo

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes LA STRADA REGENT L.
    As has been said sincere wishes to you and your family.Sad to hear the news but your wife is peaceful now and is not suffering.Allow yourself time to come to terms with this.I lost my father 7 years now .My son died only being 43 early last year and my mother passed away last July although brother and sister chose to not tell me and I only found out by a solicitor letter 3 months later.So I feel for you.Your wife would want you to move on and remember the good times you had together,

Atb Michael

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 240
    So sorry to hear your news, but she passed away at home and with her favourite people and dog friends, just take it a day at a time. She will always be with you, you carry her in your heart.
    You can take the girl out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the girl

linkshouse is offline Westray Digital Art
    Name: Phill
    Spouse: Marlene

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer
    Your wife slipped away peacefully with her "best friends" around her. This is as much as any of us can hope for.

You have loved and been loved, cling to that and press on. It's all you can do.

Now's. not the time I know, but at some point, do try to get out in the van with your dog he'll be good company. Dogs are great listeners. Go to the places you have loved. The more you've loved them, perhaps the more they'll hurt, but also bring back happy memories in equal measure.

So, there are my pearls of wisdom for what they're worth.

Condolences.
    Last edited by linkshouse; 12-06-2019 at 12:40.
    Travel Blog - travelsinforrest.uk
    Likes JCJA, mickymost liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    My sincere condolences.

Emotions at the moment will feel like a bomb that's exploded in your mind everything seems in disarray.

The positive thing to do is see it as a new chapter with the hound get out and about and always have a little chat with Sheila those daft moments sometimes.

I can only wish you all the best

Channa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information