CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Motorhome

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Some of us needed to downsize for medical reasons when reaching the young age of 70
    GRRRRRRRR
    Stupid thing is we can still drive a large car with an even larger caravan behind!

Tell me about it. I am not allowed to drive a 3,800kg MH, but I can hop on a 1500cc high powered motor bike & kill myself & probably others at the same time.

Daft, innit?
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    We made our purchase just under a year ago now, some 9 months. We visited five dealerships and scratched 2 instantly due to not being interested in us or our money. One in Perth and one in Newcastle.

So after looking at and more importantly in some 500+ vehicles we found what we wanted. It's a bit of a compromise but the fixed bed and the subsequent garage suits us spot on. We ended up buying our Burstner 2nd hand from Perthshire Caravans. A bit of a trek for work under the gurantee but they have been very good to us. They forgot to fit the stays we had ordered and did a rush job to put them in and then showered us with goodies in appology. Fair enough we all make mistakes.

It really pays to visit as many vans as you can and as the OP is finding out the German vehicles clunk, the British stuff merely clicks. You can tell a lot from opening and shutting interior doors.

B2

Robina is offline Full Member
    Name: Robina
    Spouse: Neil

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 620
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    If anyone does know a decent dealer oop north let me know. Anywhere I can get to to fix stuff as if its new its bound to have problems. The sad thing is my current ones fine (missus wants a new one). I just wonder why the quality of something the price of a high end car is so poor and why the german ones appeared so much better. The fella a couple of doors along has a very old Burstner, 30 years old I think 180,000 miles and its running as strong as ever. My 2007 little elddis is fine. Maybe its just the newer ones?
    We have used Danum's in Askern near Doncaster for several repairs on a van we bought elsewhere. I would happily recommend them as their service has always been attentive and very helpful - they are very knowledgeable about all things van. It is a family firm that sells several makes of new motorhomes and some second hand as well. New and Used Motorhomes in Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Hope that is far enough north for you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    If anyone does know a decent dealer oop north let me know. Anywhere I can get to to fix stuff as if its new its bound to have problems. The sad thing is my current ones fine (missus wants a new one). I just wonder why the quality of something the price of a high end car is so poor and why the german ones appeared so much better. The fella a couple of doors along has a very old Burstner, 30 years old I think 180,000 miles and its running as strong as ever. My 2007 little elddis is fine. Maybe its just the newer ones?

Hi, Like your good selves we had a little elddis but 1998 we were looking for a purpose build touring van so splashed out £38,500 for a Murvi Morello.

After 110,000 miles we changed it for another new Morello in 2009 and again in 2016.

Excellent build, and faultless after sales service. We have no complaints whatsoever.

Incidentally the £38,500 in 1998 was 10.5 times the cost of our new three bedroomed semi purchased in 1966.

rien ne reste pareil

Dezi
    Likes Geraldine liked this post

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Anyone who wants a new van when their present one is running fine has got to be out of their bonce!

Why spend a lot of dosh on the possibility of a load of grief?
    Iíve got that much money itís great😝

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    We paid over £40000 for a tribute 670 new in 2018. It went back to dealer in July 2018 and we got a full refund. The dealer sold it (for more than we paid) two weeks later and couldn't have fixed all the faults in that time.Thoroughly recommend doing what we have now done, bought a new base vehicle and paid someone to convert it to our specs. Cost less than £28000 and we know exactly how much insulation is in place and have designed it to fit our needs. The other option of doing it ourselves ( well, Dave doing it) was discarded as no time.
    Nor for everyone but if you want a panel van conversion it's worth thinking about!
    ​Ruth
    Likes trevskoda, mark61, Geraldine liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    As im selling my current motorhome I decided to have a look to some dealers. Just thought id post as an example of the quality and service I found. Dealer one wasn't to bad except I couldn't get into the new motorhome. When I asked why it was because the lock on the door was broken. Had to get in through the drivers door to open from the inside. This was a £45,ooo motorhome with no miles and the door was broken.
    Wasnt my Autotrail Imala 734 by any chance , Im STILL locked out and Fuming about the lack of reply by Autotrail see my post below.

Auto Quest Imala?
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    We paid over £40000 for a tribute 670 new in 2018. It went back to dealer in July 2018 and we got a full refund.
    How did you go about this Ruth, I feel like doing exactly the same
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I built my own van so if any complaints i wright to my self then forward to management,her indoors who reduces my food allowance to the repair is sorted,the only thing that scares me is a empty plate.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Pauljenny, izwozral, REC liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Our Laika came from Portsmouth 200 miles away. Only been back for damp checks. Few jobs done myself and couple of warranty bits when it was down for damp checks. Our local Dealer Lowdhams has a few British ones with bits missing or broken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information