CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Motorhome

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    If anyone does know a decent dealer oop north let me know. Anywhere I can get to to fix stuff as if its new its bound to have problems. The sad thing is my current ones fine (missus wants a new one). I just wonder why the quality of something the price of a high end car is so poor and why the german ones appeared so much better. The fella a couple of doors along has a very old Burstner, 30 years old I think 180,000 miles and its running as strong as ever. My 2007 little elddis is fine. Maybe its just the newer ones?
    I use JB Caravans at Shildon for my habitation side of things - used him for years and reasonable on price. Never felt ripped off.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    Quote Originally Posted by landoboguy View Post
    How did you go about this Ruth, I feel like doing exactly the same
    My thread at the time....Consumer Rights act 2015 Reject a motorhome as not fit for purpose?
    Quoting the trading standards seemed to be good. I also searched and found the name of the managing director, and phoned him!! Had to forward all my previous emails to the company (80+) but it proved the case!
    It was all a bit traumatic, but the outcome was good! For me, but maybe not for person who purchased it next!
    Last edited by REC; 09-07-2019 at 06:42.
    ​Ruth

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Lucky enough to have had four new German vans, all from family owned dealers where the owner talks to customers. No real problems with any of them although a few minor issues all sorted happily on warranty.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nissan cabstar - Campervan
    Is there a good website to look up for the German models or do you take pot luck and go to any dealer selling one?
    The member formally known as Star Trekker and DavidV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I built my own van so if any complaints i wright to my self then forward to management,her indoors who reduces my food allowance to the repair is sorted,the only thing that scares me is a empty plate.
    I wish I had now. Im looking at the "right to reject" motorhome law now
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Sunseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    If anyone does know a decent dealer oop north let me know. Anywhere I can get to to fix stuff as if its new its bound to have problems. The sad thing is my current ones fine (missus wants a new one). I just wonder why the quality of something the price of a high end car is so poor and why the german ones appeared so much better. The fella a couple of doors along has a very old Burstner, 30 years old I think 180,000 miles and its running as strong as ever. My 2007 little elddis is fine. Maybe its just the newer ones?

We have found Tyne Valley Motorhomes to be responsive and all-round 'good guys'. So much so, that we have bought all of our motorhomes from them. New and Used Motorhomes for Sale | Tyne Valley Motorhomes
    Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information