CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vodafone gadget

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Been reading this and am wondering if the phone makes any difference until you need to try different sims in the same phone at a poor reception site
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Valentine
    Looking at options for MiFi home broadband and van I've just bought a Huawei E5330 unlocked 3g unit. Don't want to commit to a contract and find it's not for me. This way I can just purchase a data sim and try it out. Very interested re the Vodafone coverage, I suppose they've been around for quite a while too. Very informative posts thank you.
    When life gives you lemons, make melonade.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandron View Post
    Looking at options for MiFi home broadband and van I've just bought a Huawei E5330 unlocked 3g unit. Don't want to commit to a contract and find it's not for me. This way I can just purchase a data sim and try it out. Very interested re the Vodafone coverage, I suppose they've been around for quite a while too. Very informative posts thank you.
    Try this, uses 3 but it's fully unlimited for less than £20 and no contract.

Unlimited SIM-only rolling contract PS18.75/month @ Smarty - hotukdeals
    Thanks highlandron, Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTyBEEE View Post
    Try this, uses 3 but it's fully unlimited for less than £20 and no contract.

Unlimited SIM-only rolling contract PS18.75/month @ Smarty - hotukdeals
    Thanks scotty but I donít use a lot of data normally about 1gb a month. My current three plan allows 12gb, the most I ever used in a month was 6gb, but that was due to my broadband at home being down for a week. But thanks for that. Hopefully others on here will make use of the link.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    At the moment, apparently EE just have edge over other companies for signal in rural areas because they've invested a lot more in building a better network of masts. Choosing companies on the basis of signal should be a moot point very soon though because companies were expected to come to an agreement on mast sharing or at least rural roaming this past Spring. I think there are still a few quibbles but it should be sorted out very soon. Vodafone and O2 already share masts. I've been all over the place in UK this past few years with my phone on EE and my mifi with a 3 data sim... rarely have a signal problem unless it's a real mobile blackspot. Coverage in Europe should also be a moot point because of data roaming... we all piggyback off of local European networks anyway.

To get back to the OP, I've never heard of the Vodafone gizmo described that lets you make calls and use data on your phone through Vodafone, irrespective of which SIM your phone has - which is how I read the post. I'm intrigued... off to Google!

Edit to say...
    To cover your network's blackspots, why not just carry an old phone around with a PAYG SIM from another company. I keep 2 old phones in the van with 'everlasting' SIMs from GiffGaff (O2) and 3, so that I'll never be stuck somewhere on my own in an emergency without a phone signal... hopefully!
    Last edited by Minisorella; 09-07-2019 at 15:30.
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Looks like the companies have reached an agreement but it might take a while to get the infrastructure sorted...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-coverage.html
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information