CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone gadget

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome

Vodafone gadget

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I use three and they are cheap and fine in most locations. But in more rural areas I struggle to get a signal.
    I have heard that Vodafone are better, but I donít want to move away from three. I think Vodafone have a gadget that you can use to connect to their network with your existing phone to make calls and use the internet. Does anyone use one of these and whatís your opinion.

Thank you.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express
    You'll need a vodafone sim card and providing your phone isn't locked you'll just swap them over.

As far as a 'gadget' is concerned then it's called a mifi, but you'll still need a vodafone sim for it.
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTyBEEE View Post
    You'll need a vodafone sim card and providing your phone isn't locked you'll just swap them over.

As far as a 'gadget' is concerned then it's called a mifi, but you'll still need a vodafone sim for it.
    Does this device allow you to make calls on Vodafone with another suppliers phone.
    Or is this purely for data.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570+750 moto Guzzi
    I have something similar to this together with a 3 data sim for linking my tablet to tinterweb and it works really well almost anywhere

HUAWEI E5330Bs-2- 21 3G MOBILE INTERNET BROADBAND WIFI MIFI ROUTER UNLOCKED SALE | eBay
    Wine is the proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Does this device allow you to make calls on Vodafone with another suppliers phone.
    Or is this purely for data.
    mifi's are data only.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    If you are going to leave 3 I would advise moving to EE. They give by far the best reception in Scotland. I get free calls and text and 10gb of data per month for £20.
    Last edited by caledonia; 08-07-2019 at 17:43.
    Likes highlandron liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    If you are going to leave 3 I would advise moving to EE. They give by far the best reception in Scotland. I get free calls and text and 10gb of data per month for £20.
    Hi Caledonia thanks for that, but my wife uses EE and I like having a different provider giving us a better chance of getting a signal. Yes EE are very good, but we have been in places were none of our phones work, but Vodafone does. I think I will probably remain with three because they are excellent in most places, just not in more remote locations sometimes. I can get a sim only deal with three for £10 a month, 4GB data, unlimited calls and texts, thats more than enough for me.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 08-07-2019 at 19:51.
    Likes caledonia liked this post
    Thanks caledonia thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs 4 Travel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    ....I have heard that Vodafone are better.....

Thank you.
    Not in my experience! On sites etc I often see people nattering away when I have no usable signal. Or is it just grass/greener etc?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Not in my experience! On sites etc I often see people nattering away when I have no usable signal. Or is it just grass/greener etc?
    We were on Mull mark and only Vodafone worked on that part of the island.
    EE have the best uk coverage closely followed by Vodafone.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Argos 747-2
    Iíve been with Vodafone for many years and before going to Europe for the summer this year I upgraded my monthly phone package to include 100GB of data with unlimited calls and texts for £24 per month. I can use my phone as a hotspot for the iPad and laptop, and other family members phones too.

I also bought a Vodafone mifi router last year for £20 and buy a data only sim for £25 for another 50GB of data per month. The data sim is on a rolling 30 day contract so I give 30 days notice at the end of the first month because I only want the data for two months over the school holidays.

So between the phone and mifi I have 150gb of data per month, which is a lot, but with two teenagers it is not excessive! I find Vodafoneís coverage to be excellent with 4G coverage everywhere at home and in France and Spain, and most of the time in Portugal.
    Likes Clunegapyears liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information