CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mild Camping

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Much prefer a night with the wooshbangs to a night in neat rows with with the flimsy white boxes.
    I find I rarely have to share a field with more than one other unit on CL's and can usually pick my spot, but then everyone's experience is different. I think my motorhome could be described as a flimsy white box, but it's survived twenty four years so far, so perhaps they're not so flimsy.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Silver sprinter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Much prefer a night with the wooshbangs to a night in neat rows with with the flimsy white boxes.

Agree with you re the rows of white boxes , not really sure what a whooshbang is ?
    When I first started was a little nervous about where I parked . Then discovered the freedom of wild (rural and urban) camping . Decided not to ever use campsites etc . Now , with more experience , I use campsites very occasionally . Never got round to joining any of the clubs .
    That is what suits me , fortunately we are all different .
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    If it’s an area we like and plan on stopping for a few days we always head for €12 ACSI sites if available even when local wild camping spots are nearby. Maybe even €14 depending. €16 only if local motorhome aires are charging rip off prices which French coastal ones sometimes do. We like the option of spreading out with tables and chairs and the use of hook up for the espresso coffee maker and ebikes. And the additional security if we are away from the MH for long periods daily.

When touring a to b to c on a daily basis 100% wild camp if possible.

What we do notice is that when the motorhome villages set up in Spain in the winter months the owners for the most part seem to sit outside their motorhomes all day with their dogs. Whilst we understand the need to get away from the northern winter I do find the thought of sitting outside my motorhome for several months at a time keeping guard somewhat depressing!
    I would call them Motorhome Ghettoes!

Not only do they sit outside all day, they also sit & watch the telly all evening.

No wonder most of them are fat!
    Last edited by spigot; 11-07-2019 at 11:09.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes alcam liked this post

Beemer is offline Full Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    Sometimes it is just nice to use a good camp site.
    Somewhere, you can put out your chairs n table, do your washing, leave your van in a relatively secure location and travel out for the day.
    We may spend about two nights out of a 14 day holiday on a site to do van ablutions.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2003 Autocruise Starblazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post

Agree with you re the rows of white boxes , not really sure what a whooshbang is ?
    When I first started was a little nervous about where I parked . Then discovered the freedom of wild (rural and urban) camping . Decided not to ever use campsites etc . Now , with more experience , I use campsites very occasionally . Never got round to joining any of the clubs .
    That is what suits me , fortunately we are all different .
    Park next to a van conversion with a sliding side door.....you'll soon discover what a "whooshbang" is!
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Silver sprinter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by 1977paul View Post
    Park next to a van conversion with a sliding side door.....you'll soon discover what a "whooshbang" is!
    Aah . In that case I'm a Scottish whooshbang .
    Always take the dog out last thing . Not climbing out a window for anyone .
    If someone is parked close to me its their choice
    Thanks caledonia thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sunseeker 180
    Quote Originally Posted by 1977paul View Post
    We are in Italy at the moment and had a great laugh at your explanation. Here the Caravan Club rule of 8m between units has been lost in translation, for 8m read 8cm. The price for this comfort has translated inversely.
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Tonight my stop is at a Camping and Caravanning Club meet. 7.50 a night. Only a dozen vans on a big field. Plenty of room and no markers to adhere to. Water available, toilet disposal. Waste wster round the field edge. A lot cheaper than a site.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggarmac View Post
    Tonight my stop is at a Camping and Caravanning Club meet. 7.50 a night. Only a dozen vans on a big field. Plenty of room and no markers to adhere to. Water available, toilet disposal. Waste wster round the field edge. A lot cheaper than a site.
    Same here, just 3 of us on a mahoosive field in North Yorkshire. It is costing us 8.50 for the one night we will be here, we are moving on to Ripon this afternoon and the dogs will have a whole Racecourse to play on.

With the demise of many of my longstanding wilding spots, the C&CC options are being used more and more.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    Literary just joined the C&CC on Monday because we're holidaying in Norfolk, and the wild spots seem to be mainly Laybys.
    Don't Spend your money where you're not welcome.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information