CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mild Camping

Member Number
    Motorhome
    50 ton Hobby

Mild Camping

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Whilst not averse to spending the odd night on a blowy Norwegian mountain with crazy whooshbang Germans for company, nor the occasional forray into the night time realm of car park doughnut boys, I feel most at ease paying a farmer £12 to use his comprehensive motorhome facilities in a peaceful and trouble free environment.
    Cheers everybody.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by mossypossy View Post
    Whilst not averse to spending the odd night on a blowy Norwegian mountain with crazy whooshbang Germans for company, nor the occasional forray into the night time realm of car park doughnut boys, I feel most at ease paying a farmer £12 to use his comprehensive motorhome facilities in a peaceful and trouble free environment.
    Cheers everybody.
    We occasionally splash out on one of our fave "under a tenner" spots...
    £7 a night for a quiet field with water and dump point...
    Cracking sunsets and a very gentle Derbyshire field ;-)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Car park doughnuts, sign me up with lots of sugar! Or maybe you meant something else entirely.

Member Number
    Surrounded by copses of oak trees, scampering squirrels, magpies, a passing fox or
    two, farm fields and hawthorn hedges. Yep I'm at home free camping! No wonder I can't
    be bothered these days getting away to a farmers field and paying £12 for the privilege.
    Mind you I'd gladly pay £12 sometimes just to ban the odd ratrunning 44 tonner 50 meters
    distant trundling down what only 20 years ago was a virtual country lane!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Love 5 pitch sites. Excellent halfway house ... awning,table and chairs and bbq too when weather good.

Member Number
    If it’s an area we like and plan on stopping for a few days we always head for €12 ACSI sites if available even when local wild camping spots are nearby. Maybe even €14 depending. €16 only if local motorhome aires are charging rip off prices which French coastal ones sometimes do. We like the option of spreading out with tables and chairs and the use of hook up for the espresso coffee maker and ebikes. And the additional security if we are away from the MH for long periods daily.

When touring a to b to c on a daily basis 100% wild camp if possible.

What we do notice is that when the motorhome villages set up in Spain in the winter months the owners for the most part seem to sit outside their motorhomes all day with their dogs. Whilst we understand the need to get away from the northern winter I do find the thought of sitting outside my motorhome for several months at a time keeping guard somewhat depressing!
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    In anticipation of all night partying at the New Forest Meet we are enjoying a couple of days on a cl with a shower, so I smell nice for all the nice people without having to refill the tank every two minutes. A bit of luxury can be nice sometimes.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Much prefer a night with the wooshbangs to a night in neat rows with with the flimsy white boxes.
    Likes brucews, noarlunga, jann liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    50 ton Hobby

Fate

Famous last words.
    On a three capacity Danish site we were alone. Until midnight when a whooshbang turns up. With a dog!
    That will teach me.
    Still, we managed to not be too quiet this morning as they slept.
    Likes winks, mariesnowgoose, Wully liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by mossypossy View Post
    Famous last words.
    On a three capacity Danish site we were alone. Until midnight when a whooshbang turns up. With a dog!
    That will teach me.
    Still, we managed to not be too quiet this morning as they slept.

Been there, done that.

02.30am a marauding gang of Froggies ( 5 of them ) turned up on the aire that we was alone on and made a hell of a racket as they parked up.

I returned the favour at 06.00am when we was up and about, started the engine, left it running and opening and closing doors as loud as i could.

They were not impressed and said something very rude to me through an open window.
    Trust No One
    Likes brucews, Wully liked this post

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information