CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid motorhomes

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ricc View Post
    vehicle based solar charging is pie in the sky. you just cant get enough panels on the vehicle. i saw summit on tv recently about the race across australia for solar powered vehicles , even with purpose university built single seat light weight contraptions they struggle to get sufficient power even in australia's wall to wall sunshine.

though trev's mate in ireland seems to manage , i guess hes got his mansion roof charging his vw for his weekly trip to the shops

Post #19, gives some idea of what it's about.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    World wide Fossil fuel consumption is still increasing every year and until the likes of China, India, Russia, USA, etc get on board all this tiny country is doing is paying a heavy price to piss in the wind. Does anyone think all the major oil, gas producing countries are going to happily stop peddling gas and oil.
    I can not argue against what you say, we only contribute 2% of CO2 levels whereas the USA and China combined output is around 50%. But we have to take this serious, and I support countries including ours who are trying to prevent global warming. One day the big polluters will have to change their ways, but unfortunately it may be to late by then, and that time could well be sooner than later.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Fuel and food will start the next world war which may well be the end as we know it.
    It may have happened before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High roof doblo
    World wide Fossil fuel consumption is still increasing every year and until the likes of China, India, Russia, USA, etc get on board all this tiny country is doing is paying a heavy price to piss in the wind. Does anyone think all the major oil, gas producing countries are going to happily stop peddling gas and oil.
    I do not see that we are paying a heavy price being a little ahead of the game. There are advantages to being first. Any subsidies we have paid have been rewarded, our infrastructure is partially there. We were in front of Denmark in wind power until the government cut subsidies, now Demark makes many wind generators not us,
    . There are still advantages to be had from being ahead. Renewables are now cheaper per kw than many other fuels: coal, nuclear, and not far behind gas. So dont piss into the wind use it first!
    No. oil companies are going to continue to fund obstructive politicians despite the obvious damage they are doing. Saudi has oil but also has massive solar potential. We must get them to diversify. Golbal heating will destroy places like The Saudi environment. They all need persuading. We should be the nation to do it. First with the industrial revolution early a with low carbon economy.
    China India and The US will be hit hard too. Russia might be the problem as they are not in the forefront of global heating damage. As Fisherman says we must try.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I can not argue against what you say, we only contribute 2% of CO2 levels whereas the USA and China combined output is around 50%. But we have to take this serious, and I support countries including ours who are trying to prevent global warming. One day the big polluters will have to change their ways, but unfortunately it may be to late by then, and that time could well be sooner than later.
    At the moment there are two problems, global co2 and local pollution. At this moment in time EV's or Hydrogen cell will only solve local pollution, it requires some serious will to sort out global co2, as you say any effort to try and sort it is a good thing, but like you i do worry that it may be too late before we see a real change.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    No! Don't go upsetting people with facts like that. Don't you know temperature rises can only be valid if they occur after the mini ice age, and please don't go mentioning the period known as the Younger Dryas,
    Ok,l wont mentioned the younger dryas but what about the older wetass period that will blight our summers.
    Likes mark61, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Well if this is the future for EV's I want one.
    Introducing Lamborghini Terzo Millennio

The concept they are trying to work with could also see trucks powered by electricity, similar to the way some trams now use rechargeable and superconductors.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    The simple fact is right now all that's available is diesel, and that will be the case for a great number of years yet.
    When I turn 70 in just over 5 years, I may move away from a motorhome to a van conversion.
    I fully expect t to be buying a diesel then.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekoak View Post
    I do not see that we are paying a heavy price being a little ahead of the game. There are advantages to being first. Any subsidies we have paid have been rewarded, our infrastructure is partially there. We were in front of Denmark in wind power until the government cut subsidies, now Demark makes many wind generators not us,
    . There are still advantages to be had from being ahead. Renewables are now cheaper per kw than many other fuels: coal, nuclear, and not far behind gas. So dont piss into the wind use it first!
    No. oil companies are going to continue to fund obstructive politicians despite the obvious damage they are doing. Saudi has oil but also has massive solar potential. We must get them to diversify. Golbal heating will destroy places like The Saudi environment. They all need persuading. We should be the nation to do it. First with the industrial revolution early a with low carbon economy.
    China India and The US will be hit hard too. Russia might be the problem as they are not in the forefront of global heating damage. As Fisherman says we must try.

It's nice to know renewables a producing cheaper electricity I look forward to a reduction in my electric bills. When do you think they will announce that one.? Sometime never.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High roof doblo
    It's nice to know renewables a producing cheaper electricity I look forward to a reduction in my electric bills. When do you think they will announce that one.? Sometime never.
    I am afraid nuclear is so full of problems that private companies (chinese and french) need us to bail them out for any cost over runs before they take new contracts up. So I would not hold your breath. Push for government to allow land based wind turbine farms again . They produce the cheapest electricity.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information