CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Quick 'N' Easy!

  1. #1

    Member Number
    64351
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    616
    Motorhome
    PEUGEOT EXPERT STEALTH /'95 RENAULT MASTER AMBULANCE

    Quick 'N' Easy!



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Couple of quick one pan type belly fillers for you all to enjoy:
    Put some Strips of ox liver in a sandwich box with 6Tbsp Plain flour and shake to coat the liver.
    Coarsely chop 2 onions.
    Fry the onions in a little Butter flavour FRY LIGHT spray
    Add the liver and fry the lot till it's done to your liking then dive in and eat it all by yourself!
    Add some crusty bread and Lurpak for full effect!
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Coarsely chop 1 onion, 8 large mushrooms, 1 red chilli, 1/2 a green pepper, 1tsp Paprika, 1tsp Turmeric,& 4 thick slices of boiled ham chopped to 1/2" squares
    Fry in Olive Oil flavour FRY LIGHT spray till onion is soft, then break 6 eggs over the mixture.
    Shove it round the pan till the eggs are cooked then shovel into gob!
    Both recipes are very convenient and easy to prepare (even I can do it!) and non fattening as a bonus.
    , and only one pan to clean afterwards! RESULT!
    Hope you all enjoy.

  2. #2

    Member Number
    21925
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,198
    Location
    Wyboston
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    I love one pot meals.

    The second recipe is more or less what I had last night. And as for Liver, I could shovel that into my delicate little gobhole all day long.

    Not sure about the 'fry lite' mularkey, but presume I could substitute with bacon fat or lard?
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

  3. #3

    Member Number
    16698
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,596
    Motorhome
    swift
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    I love one pot meals.

    The second recipe is more or less what I had last night. And as for Liver, I could shovel that into my delicate little gobhole all day long.

    Not sure about the 'fry lite' mularkey, but presume I could substitute with bacon fat or lard?
    Dripping Rob.

  4. #4

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,952
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Whats non fattening about the loaf of bread and 1/2 llb of lurpak.

  5. #5

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,053
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggBear View Post
    Couple of quick one pan type belly fillers for you all to enjoy:
    Put some Strips of ox liver in a sandwich box with 6Tbsp Plain flour and shake to coat the liver.
    Coarsely chop 2 onions.
    Fry the onions in a little Butter flavour FRY LIGHT spray
    Add the liver and fry the lot till it's done to your liking then dive in and eat it all by yourself!
    Add some crusty bread and Lurpak for full effect!
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Coarsely chop 1 onion, 8 large mushrooms, 1 red chilli, 1/2 a green pepper, 1tsp Paprika, 1tsp Turmeric,& 4 thick slices of boiled ham chopped to 1/2" squares
    Fry in Olive Oil flavour FRY LIGHT spray till onion is soft, then break 6 eggs over the mixture.
    Shove it round the pan till the eggs are cooked then shovel into gob!
    Both recipes are very convenient and easy to prepare (even I can do it!) and non fattening as a bonus.
    , and only one pan to clean afterwards! RESULT!
    Hope you all enjoy.
    I think that you and your Epicurean delights might give this place a run for its money.
    Like Mr Trump,People are always looking out for new experiences.

    The Epicurean Delight - Catering - Northeast Pennsylvania

    Dezi

  6. #6

    Member Number
    21925
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,198
    Location
    Wyboston
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    I think that you and your Epicurean delights might give this place a run for its money.
    Like Mr Trump,People are always looking out for new experiences.

    The Epicurean Delight - Catering - Northeast Pennsylvania

    Dezi
    Hmm. No prices on the menu.

    I expect it's a case of if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it!
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

  7. #7

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,053
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    Hmm. No prices on the menu.

    I expect it's a case of if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it!


    In the case of Trump I think that is definitely true.

    Dezi

  8. #8

    Member Number
    21925
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,198
    Location
    Wyboston
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    Dripping Rob.
    Positively drooling Sue!
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

  9. #9

    Member Number
    21925
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,198
    Location
    Wyboston
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Another favourite for me when camping on my own is corned beef stew;

    Lightly fry some onions.
    Tin of carrots.
    Tin of new potatoes.
    Tin of corned beef.
    Water.
    Gravy granules.

    Stick in a pot and boil the bejaysus out of it. Smother in white pepper. Eat with bread.

    Strange, I would never eat tinned veg at home, but in the van or especially in the tent when it's cold and miserable, this can be real comfort food.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

  10. #10

    Member Number
    60043
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,604
    Motorhome
    Renault Trafic
    I like to do my liver slightly different.

    Prepare gravy granules in hot water for about half a mug of watery gravy.
    Fry onions in butter or oil of your choice.
    Remove from pan and set aside.
    Reheat pan and put the liver (dredged in flour, with salt and fresh ground pepper while onions were cooking)
    Quickly brown liver on each side for a few seconds at a high heat.
    Return onions to pan and quickly add the gravy. Gravy should really sizzle when it goes in.
    Reduce heat, cover and cook gently for no more than two minutes.

    Liver should be really tender. Serve with boiled potatoes or bread etc.
    Last edited by Auld Pharrrt; 12-01-2017 at 13:51.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •