Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: simple and tasty

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2002 Hymer B584 Classic

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    Simple and Tasty.. ?
    That's what Jenny thought when she first set eyes on me..

Simple hard boiled egg, halved, scoop the yolk out, make it into a paste with Dijon mustard and a pinch of curry powder.. Replace in the hollow.
    Top a salad with this... A taste bomb.
    Devilled eggs, Maggy is taking some of these to the New Year do
    Who was that gobby southerner who kept saying If they don't like me they can fcuk off
    Likes channa, jeanette, RoaminRog liked this post
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    humble scrambled egg on toast with a few chives from the garden ...got butter involved but whats a guilty pleasure ?

Attachment 58649

Channa
    Butter and fat ARE not Guilty pleasures I eat them all the time along with bacon sausage and egg etc. as normal breakfast on my low carb, higher fat diet now and lost a stone and a half in 5 weeks, with a much improved well feeling. Latest research tell us to eat fats etc for health and drop sugar right out of it along with cutting back bread.
    Likes jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Transit camper
    Here's a handy little tip for the health conscious.

If you mix a little coconut oil in with your kale, you'll find that it slides off the plate really easily into the rubbish bin.

Also, whenever you see a 'Healthy food' section in the supermarket, what's that telling you about the rest of the food being sold there?
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    Butter and fat ARE not Guilty pleasures I eat them all the time along with bacon sausage and egg etc. as normal breakfast on my low carb, higher fat diet now and lost a stone and a half in 5 weeks, with a much improved well feeling. Latest research tell us to eat fats etc for health and drop sugar right out of it along with cutting back bread.
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but....

Very true.
    Jenny has been on insulin for over 15 years and was advised to avoid animal fats, dairy, and to boost hypos with a dose of quick acting carbs.

This year , because we were off the road, we enrolled on a 6 week course... " Xpert Diabetes Control and Management, through our GP practice .

A revolution : Full fat dairy, chuck out all the processed food Keep carbs down to under 16 x 15gm portions per day Up from 2 eggs/week to 10.., to substitute for meat... Reduce fruits , but increase veg and nuts. The book gives info on how to count carbs and on portion control.. It's become our Bible .

We've both lost weight and her insulin demand is reduced by 20%

We're on a mainly Mediterranean diet and are allowed the odd glass of red wine per day .. and olive oil instead of that evil Flora.

Apologies for busting in .
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure
    Thanks Jays thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by splitty67 View Post
    Here's a handy little tip for the health conscious.

If you mix a little coconut oil in with your kale, you'll find that it slides off the plate really easily into the rubbish bin.

Also, whenever you see a 'Healthy food' section in the supermarket, what's that telling you about the rest of the food being sold there?
    I do fry my Kale and cabbage with coconut oil and it is VERY NICE,
    Thanks yorkslass thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but....

Very true.
    Jenny has been on insulin for over 15 years and was advised to avoid animal fats, dairy, and to boost hypos with a dose of quick acting carbs.

This year , because we were off the road, we enrolled on a 6 week course... " Xpert Diabetes Control and Management, through our GP practice .

A revolution : Full fat dairy, chuck out all the processed food Keep carbs down to under 16 x 15gm portions per day Up from 2 eggs/week to 10.., to substitute for meat... Reduce fruits , but increase veg and nuts. The book gives info on how to count carbs and on portion control.. It's become our Bible .

We've both lost weight and her insulin demand is reduced by 20%

We're on a mainly Mediterranean diet and are allowed the odd glass of red wine per day .. and olive oil instead of that evil Flora.

Apologies for busting in .
    This is very true, Being a retired Medical professional I have lots of access to Pubmet and other places of research, I have extensively gone through all the LATEST research to find out what I need to help ME get a retirement, Low fat was a waffled research done by a man called Ansell Keys, and he grew rich and famous on the back of the GUIDELINES that were accepted by the Western governments . Total BoXXocks all of it but the written in stone rules on nutrition, were promulgated and because the Truth. Three really BIG LIES are used by the Governments department. All part of the reduction in world population agenda.. Kill off the old and the stupid.
    1. FAT IS BAD oils are GOOD?????????
    2. Carbs (sugar) is GOOD
    3. Sunlight is bad for you. (Vitamin d3 deficiency) making a fortune in sunscreen that does not protect against dangerous uvA. only stops good uvB
    Go online and see what I mean. All of these things have made the US and UK population Obese and diabetic , at the same time making the multinationals super rich, bankrupting the NHS at the same time. The Medical profession is at last beginning to see the truth, but loath to go against the GUIDELINES for fear of being ostracised, by the establishment and vested interests, that are so widespread.
    Likes sasquatch, yorkslass, Jays, delicagirl liked this post
    Thanks Pauljenny, RoaminRog, Jays thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    I might give that a try cos I really don't like kale or broccoli.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2002 Hymer B584 Classic
    We use coconut oil for frying, either Aldi or Home Bargains at 3.99 for 500ml

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
    Who was that gobby southerner who kept saying If they don't like me they can fcuk off

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza33 View Post
    We use coconut oil for frying, either Aldi or Home Bargains at 3.99 for 500ml

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
    Now, this may sound like a really, really stupid question Terry, but...

does it taste of Coconut?
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    This is very true, Being a retired Medical professional I have lots of access to Pubmet and other places of research, I have extensively gone through all the LATEST research to find out what I need to help ME get a retirement, Low fat was a waffled research done by a man called Ansell Keys, and he grew rich and famous on the back of the GUIDELINES that were accepted by the Western governments . Total BoXXocks all of it but the written in stone rules on nutrition, were promulgated and because the Truth. Three really BIG LIES are used by the Governments department. All part of the reduction in world population agenda.. Kill off the old and the stupid.
    1. FAT IS BAD oils are GOOD?????????
    2. Carbs (sugar) is GOOD
    3. Sunlight is bad for you. (Vitamin d3 deficiency) making a fortune in sunscreen that does not protect against dangerous uvA. only stops good uvB
    Go online and see what I mean. All of these things have made the US and UK population Obese and diabetic , at the same time making the multinationals super rich, bankrupting the NHS at the same time. The Medical profession is at last beginning to see the truth, but loath to go against the GUIDELINES for fear of being ostracised, by the establishment and vested interests, that are so widespread.
    Fascinating stuff, Paul and Jennys experience interesting too

I saw a dietician recently at the hospital she advised pretty much the same but didn't mention meat, I have Chronic Pancreitis as well as CKD stage 3 an Osteoporosis thrown in . I am taking Creon enzyme replacement , If I understood properly ( good chance I didn't ) The fats release energy slower which helps the organs. Ironically they don't want me losing weight nor gaining
    Interesting info

Channa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information