CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: simple and tasty

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

simple and tasty

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    humble scrambled egg on toast with a few chives from the garden ...got butter involved but whats a guilty pleasure ?

005.jpg

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2002 Hymer B584 Classic
    The last few days my breakfast has been a couple of poached eggs on a muffin and the next day a couple of poached eggs on spinach which we grow in the garden, topped with home made cheese and herbs, we use fresh herbs from our herb garden all the time
    Who was that gobby southerner who kept saying If they don't like me they can fcuk off
    Likes channa, trixie88, Silver sprinter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza33 View Post
    The last few days my breakfast has been a couple of poached eggs on a muffin and the next day a couple of poached eggs on spinach which we grow in the garden, topped with home made cheese and herbs, we use fresh herbs from our herb garden all the time
    Fantastic !!! ....ticks so many boxes, There is something amazingly satisfying using things straight from garden to plate freshness never a problem , in fact that fresh it has a flavour of its own.

You might like this rather indulgent version cooked by no less than Michel Roux which by all accounts was one of Mitterands favourites.

Fit for a president.

YouTube

Channa
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    we have a community herb garden. well not so much a garden as they are grown in large containers all free for the taking.

has anyone done a poached egg in the microwave

i tried it with some microwave contraption with no success........however, thought of filling a cup with water and cracking an egg into it......not sure how long to leave in m.wave for....i dont want the egg to explode tnen have to clean the mess up.

also have an abundance of blackberries at the bottom of the garden wish i still had the apple tree.
    Last edited by trixie88; 21-10-2017 at 09:43.
    Likes channa, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer S660
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    we have a community herb garden. well not so much a garden as they are grown in large containers all free for the taking.

has anyone done a poached egg in the microwave

i tried it with some microwave contraption with no success........however, thought of filling a cup with water and cracking an egg into it......not sure how long to leave in m.wave for....i dont want the egg to explode tnen have to clean the mess up.

also have an abundance of blackberries at the bottom of the garden wish i still had the apple tree.
    I used to do poached egg in the microwave all the time but the danger just got to much for me, I just do scrambled now in a cup, 2 eggs for 30 seconds and stir, another 20 or 30 and stir again, more if needed.
    Likes jeanette liked this post
    Thanks trixie88 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato silver wanderer
    What I am surprised about is the white bread!

At I think ( Slimbridge) swan centre , they had a sign up.

Don’t feed the ducks,Swans white bread !
    It causes malnutrition as it fills the stomach with no nutritional benefits!

I did try not to eat empty calories before, and try to think of that statement for the future.
    Last edited by Jays; 13-11-2017 at 20:28.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    humble scrambled egg on toast with a few chives from the garden ...got butter involved but whats a guilty pleasure ?

005.jpg

Channa
    Every fecken night sure as guns are shootin you do this food thing,i have had it im a comin you way .
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes jeanette, Sharon the Cat liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Fantastic !!! ....ticks so many boxes, There is something amazingly satisfying using things straight from garden to plate freshness never a problem , in fact that fresh it has a flavour of its own.

You might like this rather indulgent version cooked by no less than Michel Roux which by all accounts was one of Mitterands favourites.

Fit for a president.

YouTube

Channa
    Ha remember a woman coming into the bakers and ask,are those sausage rolls fresh,yes replied the baker,so fresh i had to move them away from the donuts
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa, RoaminRog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Every fecken night sure as guns are shootin you do this food thing,i have had it im a comin you way .
    Should I ever get to visit Northern Ireland , I will cook us all a meal as penance ? afterwards playing about with engines sounds a deal maybe a bit of whipskey involved ...I know the Scottish bretheren and Irish bretheren have a dispute on such matters ,,,Independent judge how honourable am I lol ? be a laugh and bring biscuits for the bairns !!

Channa
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Simple and Tasty.. ?
    That's what Jenny thought when she first set eyes on me..

Simple hard boiled egg, halved, scoop the yolk out, make it into a paste with Dijon mustard and a pinch of curry powder.. Replace in the hollow.
    Top a salad with this... A taste bomb.
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure
    Likes jeanette liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information