CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What is Spanish Snowbirds?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nope

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Hi Pat, often thought about that route but not looked into it. How much is the ferry? Happy travels btw x
    Hi Carol, it's not the cheapest option at 285 including cabin and breakfast but it avoids driving to either Dover or Portsmouth. We sail at 18.30 and arrive at 08.45 so it'll be lunch in Reims I reckon

Pat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic e line i47

Winter sun

Hi everyone, I'm looking to travel south for the winter in Feb , either Portugal or Spain.
    I'll be on my own so looking for a place where I can't chill out, get fit and detox.

Can anyone recommend anywhere....?

Also I've never driven that distance before, what can I expect the drive to be like....I was thinking of taking my time getting down there

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

krauts

Quote Originally Posted by MykCamper View Post
    Yeh, has to be wilding, (remember Sunset Beach?), thought it might be a good idea to share some of the remaining free camping with other Full members, might even get some meets going for Us like minded lot!
    Might be able to compete with the Krauts!!!
    sour eh pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis Autoquest...we love it �&#
    Quote Originally Posted by iampatman View Post
    We're on the ferry from Hull to Zeebruge next Tuesday, leisurely drive down through France and Spain and then spending the winter in Bolnuevo. Next March/April we'll head off across Spain and France to Italy and then a ferry to Greece. Six to eight weeks in Greece and then back home when it gets too hot. Back in the UK sometime in June. Happy days.

Pat
    Hi folks, sounds great apart from the Bolnuevo bit....we found the site a bit "sardine city" ... the nearby restaurant/bars a bit naff....prom walks ok spose but not much there ? However, all horses n all that...what do others think?
    Maja
    Likes chas17 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    T5

Not quite fully fledged but having a scout around for next three weeks

We are sailing to Bilbao then on to Salamanca, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Sierra Nevada, Toledo, back to Bilbao and all points in between over the next three weeks with an eye to joining the Spanish Snowbirds later in our retirement and would love to meet some new friends along the way. Anyone planning to be in those parts of Spain over the next three weeks? regards, Chris & Sharon

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Anyone going to be on the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry on 3rd December? Booked a pet friendly cabin. Hope its a good crossing as its the long one that takes 2 nights!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggarmac View Post
    Anyone going to be on the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry on 3rd December? Booked a pet friendly cabin. Hope its a good crossing as its the long one that takes 2 nights!
    When did you book ? I've all but given up getting pet friendly cabin .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    This is what I did last year.

I phoned around April to enquire about a December crossing. I was advised that the Winter sailings weren't yet confirmed, but the timetable would be released about 1st July (if I recall correctly).

I was offered the option to pre-book which I chose to do. All that Brittany wanted was my preferred route and date and they would book as close to my requirements as possible once the timetable was confirmed. In due course I received an email with the booking details and confirmation of the booking deposit having been paid.

It worked well ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    When did you book ? I've all but given up getting pet friendly cabin .
    Booked about six weeks ago? Not very long after the bookings opened. This is why I am on the two night crossing as all the one night crossings were fully booked.
    Thanks alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207d

Brilliant timing

What fab timing, today I logged in to get advice on travelling to Spain with two dogs. I am very interested in hearing about people's experiences of driving through France on toll free roads,
    attitudes to dogs in France and Spain
    Availability of drinking water
    suggested itineraries for a three month trip starting in November
    I have purchased a Spanish gas cyclinder and have been told I need to buy a pigtail, I don't know why or where to buy it, any ideas?
    I'd love to hear your advice, thanks,Trishie

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information