CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What is Spanish Snowbirds?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207d

Brilliant timing

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    What fab timing, today I logged in to get advice on travelling to Spain with two dogs. I am very interested in hearing about people's experiences of driving through France on toll free roads,
    attitudes to dogs in France and Spain
    Availability of drinking water
    suggested itineraries for a three month trip starting in November
    I have purchased a Spanish gas cyclinder and have been told I need to buy a pigtail, I don't know why or where to buy it, any ideas?
    I'd love to hear your advice, thanks,Trishie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogmama View Post
    What fab timing, today I logged in to get advice on travelling to Spain with two dogs. I am very interested in hearing about people's experiences of driving through France on toll free roads,
    attitudes to dogs in France and Spain
    Availability of drinking water
    suggested itineraries for a three month trip starting in November
    I have purchased a Spanish gas cyclinder and have been told I need to buy a pigtail, I don't know why or where to buy it, any ideas?
    I'd love to hear your advice, thanks,Trishie
    I travel everywhere with my two Lurchers ...

There are no issues with dogs in either France or Spain. Some access to beaches is restricted but this is clearly signed.

I never use toll roads and navigate with the satnav set to avoid them. It takes a bit longer and there's a lot of slowing down and speeding up for the many small towns en route. But assuming that you're not in a hurry, and I never am, you see so much more and have many more options to stop for a break when driving.

Water is widely available at aires, though in France many taps are turned off in Winter. (I have been known to look for the stop cock and turn the water back on pro tem ...) Cemeteries are a good source for water, as they are here, but again taps are often isolated in Winter.

I'm uncertain what the situation is in Spain at altitude but by the coast the taps remain on all year.

I can't advise about the pigtail - I have a refillable system.

I'm sure some will suggest itineraries, but don't forget to use the POIs to find overnight stops. There are over 3,300 spots in France, and over 1,800 in Spain and Portugal.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ace Airstream 680fb
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    We go to Spain and Portugal frequently for Winter so would be happy to give any advice I can, what are the general plans are you interested in using camp sites or pay Aires or wilding, all is very easy in Spain and Portugal and can be done on a low budget or a bigger spend as you wish.
    hi we are going to algarve for winter looking for campsites and aires any help would be very grateful

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Mohawk
    loads of places . One of our favourites

Parque da Gale

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information