Thread: What is Spanish Snowbirds?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail comanche tag axle

first timer for travel to spain advice

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hi,

I have had a request from one of our Full Members.

So here it is!
    GREAT IDEA, there are a few off us that are thinking off heading off to spain in the coming months but would not know were to start , like knowing there
    LAWS AND REGULATIONS for motorhome owners. for instance can you get free medical treatment in France and spain
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autoquest 155
    Ditto, leaving mid Feb, taking our time in case of bad weather en route. If the weather's bad, tips about where to stop for a couple of days, e.g. near somewhere of interest would be helpful.
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome

winter in spain

Quote Originally Posted by Dogeared View Post
    Ditto, leaving mid Feb, taking our time in case of bad weather en route. If the weather's bad, tips about where to stop for a couple of days, e.g. near somewhere of interest would be helpful.
    hi there read your post Dogeared. would you be taking the shuttle (train) or the ferry over to Calais and then the toll-free route ( mostly) through west coast side off FRANCE
    ( OTHERS SAY its safer better roads avoiding steep mountain passes with winter weather over the Pyrenees by A16 TO ROUEN, NONANCOURT, POITIERS DOWN TO THE BOARDER CROSSING near Bayonne & Biarritz into spain ,good modern roads so faster route. have you been to spain before or is this your first trip. I MAY DECIDE TO GO in late February but not sure yet . was wondering if any one ells on here was planning a trip to spain in February or march

)

Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

when

Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    I have reposted this as I thought it relevant to this thread , and some may be thinking of costs.

What does it cost ?
    People often ask about the cost of wintering in Spain /Portugal in a Motorhome, Well on our last trip I was determined to get an answer to what the actual cost of our trip was.I left home with a full tank of Diesel and filled up with Diesel when I was at Calais homeward bound so those costs are included as is the round trip Ferry fare,we had 250 Euros in cash when we sailed and returned with the same amount of cash Euros Everything we spent was on our Post Office credit card including cash withdrawals from the ATMs whilst away and interest that incurred.so our credit card bill reflects the actual cost of the trip.We were away from home for 102 nights, we used Aires and Wild camped, paid a few Euros for some of the Aires ,bought items such as clothes , a Spanish Paella type Barbi cooker, food,drinks and ate out a lot, bought fuel and gas refills .our round trip mileage was 4263 miles 2.8 Turbo diesel Fiat ,we lived really well food and drink wise and had a great time went short of nothing.and brought home a stock of wine and spirits which we always buy at LIDL in Calais, Our TOTAL spend was 2200 and that works out at about 21 -57 per day, I had to have the van fridge repaired in Portugal and that 380 Euros is also included in our costs.
    I have just received a refund from Southern Electricity of 103 as I have overpaid on my Electricity bill because we weren't using Electric at home whilst away, or water or gas so there will be some credit there too.So is it cheap to be in Spain for the Winter, you bet it is!
    when did you go and come back only roughly please happy new year as i like to pull a cork pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

please

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hi,

I have had a request from one of our Full Members.

So here it is!
    please keep us, as in my wife and i, imformed as we as in the royal we would be please to maybe in cluded ? in one of the later trips bon voy arge pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Comanche

spain

hi I went thru france into spain and then into Algarve oct /nov this year with my autotrail Comanche no problems getting it in at any acsi sites they just seem to accept large outfits as a norm
    compo

Member Number
    Motorhome

traveling to spain

Quote Originally Posted by Compo View Post
    hi I went thru france into spain and then into Algarve oct /nov this year with my autotrail Comanche no problems getting it in at any acsi sites they just seem to accept large outfits as a norm
    compo
    hello compo, long time since our last chat. how are you keeping.
    ditto, we also have the same model van the Comanche but have not been abroad in it yet. we are looking at, me and my good lady, coming over on the shuttle euro star
    in late February or early march through France with stopovers for a bit then into spain and probably over to the east coast between Tarragonna, and Malaga. but might change and try a different part off spain. still a bit up in the air yet. how long are you in Portugal for, is it warm there now. are you likely to be in spain in march. hows the van performing over there any problems. keep in touch paul

Member Number
    Motorhome

traveling to spain

Quote Originally Posted by Compo View Post
    compo
    hi compo, was wondering did you use the train Eurostar. do you know what the cost is on the train for a 30 foot van
    cheers paul

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Comanche

spain

hi no back home in uk now I found cheapest rates were with the caravan /motorhome club I travel over Dartford crossing after 10pm its free then down to dover 0030 crossing gets to other side about 3am travel for about 40mins or so then moor up at a service/aire then when you wake you are on holiday.i like the ferry as you get a nice rest and coffee.i am now looking at prices to travel in mid march with 9mtrx3mtr m/h no dog 43 quid ish I'm going over for a citys break in march,hope this info is helpful p.s. prices in april seem to be around the 70quid mark maybe more popular time for the ferrys
    kevin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Comanche

spain trip

everything was fine with m/h whilst I was abroad I set off a month before in sept but broke down on a1 .problem with throttle valve my Comanche is 2010 I would recommend a mod if yours is the same .all in all it probably cost about a grand to sort it but now fixed it has done 4300miles perfect.
    kevin

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information