Chausson Suite Relax

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Just caught up with this party who said party we are in
    One Life Live It

Member Number
    Motorhome
    TEC640R
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    I have reposted this as I thought it relevant to this thread , and some may be thinking of costs.

What does it cost ?
    People often ask about the cost of wintering in Spain /Portugal in a Motorhome, Well on our last trip I was determined to get an answer to what the actual cost of our trip was.I left home with a full tank of Diesel and filled up with Diesel when I was at Calais homeward bound so those costs are included as is the round trip Ferry fare,we had 250 Euros in cash when we sailed and returned with the same amount of cash Euros Everything we spent was on our Post Office credit card including cash withdrawals from the ATMs whilst away and interest that incurred.so our credit card bill reflects the actual cost of the trip.We were away from home for 102 nights, we used Aires and Wild camped, paid a few Euros for some of the Aires ,bought items such as clothes , a Spanish Paella type Barbi cooker, food,drinks and ate out a lot, bought fuel and gas refills .our round trip mileage was 4263 miles 2.8 Turbo diesel Fiat ,we lived really well food and drink wise and had a great time went short of nothing.and brought home a stock of wine and spirits which we always buy at LIDL in Calais, Our TOTAL spend was 2200 and that works out at about 21 -57 per day, I had to have the van fridge repaired in Portugal and that 380 Euros is also included in our costs.
    I have just received a refund from Southern Electricity of 103 as I have overpaid on my Electricity bill because we weren't using Electric at home whilst away, or water or gas so there will be some credit there too.So is it cheap to be in Spain for the Winter, you bet it is!
    Wholeheartedly agree with Vindi. My example is, we winter in Goa for 97 days. Our bill for the whole period was 2247. This included the return flights, parking the car at Heathrow. Also rented a scooter for 3 months and everything in. Life could'nt be better.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Have often thought of that. Where do you look for accommodation and how do you check it out? Any links? Tia 😊

Asok Guest

Trip to Barcelona and Sitges

Hi
    I would like to wild camp in Sitges. Is it safe and if so where's the best places?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW t5 Camper

Snowbirds

Snowbirds are people who leave Britain about September spend the winter in Spain and start travelling back about April May. Many go to the same camp sites every year and join friends from the previous year.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by David & Ann View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree with Vindi. My example is, we winter in Goa for 97 days. Our bill for the whole period was 2247. This included the return flights, parking the car at Heathrow. Also rented a scooter for 3 months and everything in. Life could'nt be better.
    Sounds interesting can you expand a little

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome

September

We retire at the end of September and will be heading off to the Malaga region of Spain in early October. We intend to travel on toll free roads and wild camp when possible or on free Aires to keep costs down only booking on to sites to use the facilities maybe once or twice a month. In France we intend to use the Campercar designated areas which we found last year to be super and usually well positioned in villages and towns. When in Malaga we hope to stay till April 2018 then return to do campsite work in the UK to service/tax and MOT the van, so if this appeals to anyone at about the same time get in touch as we are still in the planning stage at the moment and are flexible.

Allan02393 Guest

Portugese snowbirds

Since 2003, I/We have travelled to Portugal for three months of Jan/Feb/Mar. Usually travel first week in Jan and go straight to Evora in Portugal using the French and Spanish Aires as we go.

But now Im single but would love to do that again in company. I have a great deal of experience doing this 3 months Snowbirding but the last time I went was a few years ago and things change. I wild camped everywhere except if I went into a campsite for to do washing. I prefer Portugal to Spain.

If anyone wants to try this in 2018, please say.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome

October off down south

Well if anyone is interested in travelling down through the Chunnel in to France then in to Spain and a slight detour in to Portugal setting off early October please get in touch with your plans and any advice you might like to give us.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H592
    We're on the ferry from Hull to Zeebruge next Tuesday, leisurely drive down through France and Spain and then spending the winter in Bolnuevo. Next March/April we'll head off across Spain and France to Italy and then a ferry to Greece. Six to eight weeks in Greece and then back home when it gets too hot. Back in the UK sometime in June. Happy days.

Pat

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information