Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Spanish Snowbirds?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    AutoSleeper Duetto

What is Spanish Snowbirds?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi,

I have had a request from one of our Full Members.

Quote Originally Posted by MykCamper

Hi Phil,
    Been having a chat with several others and it seems that quite a few like the idea of wintering in Spain but are a bit nervous of going it alone!
    Would it be possible to set up a separate section on the Meets Forum, called 'Spanish Snowbirds' or the like, so we can keep a running thread going for those interested and members can keep up to date on travel arrangements or wilding stops of those already out there?
    Maybe set up some POI's on good stops?
    Regards Mike
    So here it is!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    Great idea...will look forward to it

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Alegro 67
    We go to Spain and Portugal frequently for Winter so would be happy to give any advice I can, what are the general plans are you interested in using camp sites or pay Aires or wilding, all is very easy in Spain and Portugal and can be done on a low budget or a bigger spend as you wish.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Family Scout L

Wilding is the Only way!

Yeh, has to be wilding, (remember Sunset Beach?), thought it might be a good idea to share some of the remaining free camping with other Full members, might even get some meets going for Us like minded lot!
    Might be able to compete with the Krauts!!!
    Live the life today, It might be gone tomorrow! Myk
    Likes ducato liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor K Max
    We even have a resident weather forecaster.

When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Alegro 67
    I have reposted this as I thought it relevant to this thread , and some may be thinking of costs.

What does it cost ?
    People often ask about the cost of wintering in Spain /Portugal in a Motorhome, Well on our last trip I was determined to get an answer to what the actual cost of our trip was.I left home with a full tank of Diesel and filled up with Diesel when I was at Calais homeward bound so those costs are included as is the round trip Ferry fare,we had 250 Euros in cash when we sailed and returned with the same amount of cash Euros Everything we spent was on our Post Office credit card including cash withdrawals from the ATMs whilst away and interest that incurred.so our credit card bill reflects the actual cost of the trip.We were away from home for 102 nights, we used Aires and Wild camped, paid a few Euros for some of the Aires ,bought items such as clothes , a Spanish Paella type Barbi cooker, food,drinks and ate out a lot, bought fuel and gas refills .our round trip mileage was 4263 miles 2.8 Turbo diesel Fiat ,we lived really well food and drink wise and had a great time went short of nothing.and brought home a stock of wine and spirits which we always buy at LIDL in Calais, Our TOTAL spend was £2200 and that works out at about £21 -57 per day, I had to have the van fridge repaired in Portugal and that 380 Euros is also included in our costs.
    I have just received a refund from Southern Electricity of £103 as I have overpaid on my Electricity bill because we weren't using Electric at home whilst away, or water or gas so there will be some credit there too.So is it cheap to be in Spain for the Winter, you bet it is!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Escape 664
    Hi Phil,

I must say it sounds a great idea,we travel for three months from September but time and place is not a problem we only returned last year because of our 90 day insurance cover but we were tempted to stay longer. It would be great to meet others to share ideas and places with.

Regards. Snowbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hi,

I have had a request from one of our Full Members.

So here it is!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Alegro 67

All the fun of the Fairies ??

Ever wondered what it is like on a cross channel ferry In the Van ??

EUROPE2006+8 237.jpgEUROPE2006+8 240.jpgEUROPE2006+8 241.jpgEUROPE2006+8 242.jpgEUROPE2006+8 243.jpgEUROPE2006+8 244.jpg Easy Peazy.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Family Scout L

Kicking it off!

I'm planning to head South in the first week of December, before the ferry prices go up for the Xmas rush but won't be crossing to Spain via the (free)Somport Tunnel till mid December, then it will be a straight drive,pp with rest periods at Aires, to the mid East Mediterranean coast.
    Hopefully finding a wildcamping place to spend Xmas / New year or longer depending on the weather.
    So if anyone wants to join / accompany me, your welcome
    Live the life today, It might be gone tomorrow! Myk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Alegro 67
    I can't think that far ahead but will probably be doing the same so will look out for you on our travels Mike, have fun.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information