CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Spain info

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    3 years ago the maroc tourist board reckoned 40,000 m,homes hit maroc between nov and april.
    just about all had to travel through spain . a few would sail there from france .
    even then spain was full of campers all winter .
    possible more than 40,000 m,.homes were still in spain .
    so see if you can find a quiet place.
    inland is quiet but in winter can be rainy and very deep in snow .
    the choice is yours .
    i,m told the algarve is the best place to be . might be .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Tribute 715
    We thinking of going to northern Spain in august, can anyone recommend places worth visiting.

Thanks, Ken.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    just hug the coast or go up the peco,s you will enjoy it for sure . i love the north spain coast . its fantastic . lovely villages full of every thing . just do it slowly .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Tribute 715
    Thanks for the advise, I've looked at the Peco's on Google Earth, there looks like some serious mountain climbing going on there, be worth an excursion. Just going through the photo's and make notes of places we would like to see, like that beach with the rock arches.

Thanks, Ken.

Colin Cockfield Guest

Camping Spain from one who lives there..

I lived in Andalucia for 10 years and motorhome here too, so I know it quite well. We drive back to the UK at least once a year in the MH, usually for Christmas.

There are fewer camping sites here than in France and the quality generally is not as good, although there are some exceptions. Wild parking isn't really a problem except at some resorts where camping on the beach is strictly prohibited. Go along the coast a short way though and you will find somewhere to park for free. There is a free camper park in my nearest town Huercal Overa also a water emptying point, it will be a long time before they catch up with France though!

For free water look for the sign 'Fuente', on occasions the amount you can take is restricted, so don't upset the locals by overdoing it! If it says Non Potable, it will not be fit for drinking.

Colin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Will be keeping an eye on this forum as I'm hoping to do the snowbirds thing next winter, just depends where. Some of the pictures of hundreds of motorhomes parked up in Spain do not appeal to me at all. I like to be away from the crowds. I don't do sunbathing these days, preferring to walk, sight see or laze around with a book and a beer. Any suggestions of the perfect destination for me?
    I go to the south of France, the Cote d'Azur, and it's great!

No Brits, but quite a number of French camping-car users ... The weather's lovely, warm and sunny during the day and a nip in the air at night.

Places which are off limits during the season are unrestricted and places that usually charge may well be free.

It is relatively quiet due to being out of season, and I recommend it highly

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Cockfield View Post
    I lived in Andalucia for 10 years and motorhome here too, so I know it quite well. We drive back to the UK at least once a year in the MH, usually for Christmas.

There are fewer camping sites here than in France and the quality generally is not as good, although there are some exceptions. Wild parking isn't really a problem except at some resorts where camping on the beach is strictly prohibited. Go along the coast a short way though and you will find somewhere to park for free. There is a free camper park in my nearest town Huercal Overa also a water emptying point, it will be a long time before they catch up with France though!

For free water look for the sign 'Fuente', on occasions the amount you can take is restricted, so don't upset the locals by overdoing it! If it says Non Potable, it will not be fit for drinking.

Colin
    hi. might bump into you in huercal we very often get up to there have friends gordon and sally live just outside huercal. you might know them .
    we also have more over in cantoria so spend a few days around that area . might even have met you already and not places the name cheers alan

Colin Cockfield Guest

More than likely

Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    hi. might bump into you in huercal we very often get up to there have friends gordon and sally live just outside huercal. you might know them .
    we also have more over in cantoria so spend a few days around that area . might even have met you already and not places the name cheers alan

More than likely, I own the Card and Gift shop in Albox.....Colin The Card..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Cockfield View Post
    More than likely, I own the Card and Gift shop in Albox.....Colin The Card..
    hi. well if i remember i will drop in and say hello.
    mind i do get forgetful. know what i did years ago but forget what i did this morning . ha ha .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    hi. well if i remember i will drop in and say hello.
    mind i do get forgetful. know what i did years ago but forget what i did this morning . ha ha .
    You better tell him you like warm water in the pool not cold

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information