CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safe or not safe? Your experience appreciated!

grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star Edition 3 Ltr, 4500kg

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Hi Keith

We stayed on the one at Berriozar in Pamplona - near the sports centre and school.

Cheers

Mark
    Stayed here a few times, quite safe and very quiet!
    Felt comfortable to leave the van and go day time walkabouts!

Incidentally, who often use very quiet out of the way aires, where we are often alone, sometimes another van will see us and join. But if it does not feel comfortable, move on!
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mike, you will find that a camper van is like a magnet, where one stops, others latch on
    Graham+Kath = Grath

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old bus
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Mike, you will find that a camper van is like a magnet, where one stops, others latch on
    It was the same when we lived on the boat - tie up out in the sticks miles from anywhere and within a couple of hours another boat would join you. Used to annoy me when they said what a lovely peaceful spot it was!
    I wanna go fishin!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Regarding using aires, Mike, you will gain confidence with experience, some of the very best in Spain, are well away from the coast and in little villages. You can often be alone in these. The ones to be wary about, are usually in the larger towns/city's
    Graham+Kath = Grath

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    If it doesn't feel right best to move on, we look for litter, bad graffitti, and main one broken glass on the ground, much prefer rural stopovers and if we really need to stop and are not 100% happy then we just make sure our valuables are tucked well out of the way, and keep our keys handy to set off the alarm if need be. Never had a problem though.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

if you're a what if!

Dont go parking in dark corners.
    Park in the way so they all see you, and you see them.
    Leave your dash cam on.
    And then we will hear you scream. Via utub!

Lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

if you're a what if!

Some nights your all alone and it's a long night of winter and the winds blowing and it's raining,
    Then you know you're Safe, Because!
    Most crimes are committed when its dry? Lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

if you're a what if!

Just know the name of nearest road, so you can call AA. IF YOU HAVE A MENTAL BRAKEDOWN!

Most people killed, are done so by someone they know.

Just put up your new red P sign and they walk right past!

LoL

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Nuveo
    We've stayed on hundreds of aires throughout Europe over the last 9 years without any serious problems. Some fair to middling, lots stunning. But the most memorable was one in the south of France. We arrived quite late at night and were the only van in the carpark. I made a point of parking in the same spot as the van in the picture in the Aires in France book. We had a lovely peaceful night until about 7am when we were woken by the sound of many voices chattering away in French.. Peeking through a tiny gap in the blind it turned out we were parked right in the middle of a bus terminus. There were queues of literally hundreds of commuters completely surrounding our van.. Needless to say we laid low till all the busses departed, then quietly left....
    Al.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    I tend to use the small village or country aires or wild spots and avoid town aires but mainly because they are more likely to be noisy or packed in like sardines. Many just choose to take pot luck but I am a bit obsessive about finding the best spots to park the van and do much more planning before a trip and during probably than most and to be honest it pays off. Stayed in some fab areas. After all where you park is a big part of the enjoyment for me. For many its just somewhere to stop at the end of the day but the location the van is at is as important as the area you are visiting. Hardly ever ended up anywhere dodgy as a result.

I quite like it when you get somewhere on your own although I prefer one or two vans just for a bit of company and maybe a chinwag. I never understand though as said why you can find a place on your own and someone will come along and park right next to you in an area the size of a football field. If thats you and your doing it because you feel safer parked next to me, I have news for you, if the mad axe man comes along, I wont be saving you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information