CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Data only sim for France

  1. #11

    Member Number
    58330
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    154
    Motorhome
    Fiat Adria


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    another way if you are with bt is to get BT sim card, you can get 15GB a month for 16. I have just gone over to this deal as 15gb enough for me.

  2. #12

    Member Number
    58330
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    154
    Motorhome
    Fiat Adria
    Quote Originally Posted by iampatman View Post
    I suspect the poster meant one of these maybe?

    3 PAYG 4G Trio Data SIM Pack Incl. 12GB Data 24.99 - Free Delivery


    Pat
    no not this one, you just get normal payg sim then do your 25 bit.

  3. #13

    Member Number
    65003
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    112
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Whatever you do do NOT go anywhere near Virgin mobile. Their service is the pits.

  4. #14

    Member Number
    15829
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by MidAgeTraveller View Post
    no not this one, you just get normal payg sim then do your 25 bit.
    Surely this one is best as data doesn't expire for 12 months your runs out in 30 days ?

    https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums...12gb-data.html

  5. #15

    Member Number
    11469
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,175
    Location
    UK and Thailand
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

    Giff gaff

    Uses the O2 network.
    Various "goodybags" for data.
    Loads of free calls an texts
    Can change plan every month and renee early if you run out of data.
    Suits me.

  6. #16

    Member Number
    35208
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    547
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggarmac View Post
    Whatever you do do NOT go anywhere near Virgin mobile. Their service is the pits.
    I've never had a problem with Virgin

    Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

  7. #17

    Member Number
    20226
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,169
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs Globebus i8
    We used 3 extensivly over the last 2 years in France, and when we were in the UK it was our only source of internet connection for about 5 years up until October last year when we moved permanentely to France. It was fine then in the UK and was normally good enough for us in France, but there were times when in France it was painfully slow. Using a Huewai dongle it also proved esential that you used the Huewai app on your 'phone so that you reset the dongle from time to time when in France, otherwise you could spend hours trying to get it to connect. I suspect times have moved on now, and with the freedom of roaming now across Europe I suspect, as others have said, that there are better packages. We were paying 12.88 for 15Gb a month, which was just about enough for us. However how much longer the freedom of roaming for Brits abroad will last after Brexit is not clear - probably not long I suspect.

  8. #18

    Member Number
    58330
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    154
    Motorhome
    Fiat Adria
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    Surely this one is best as data doesn't expire for 12 months your runs out in 30 days ?

    https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums...12gb-data.html
    I think this is good as well as you say, but I will use that in a month

  9. #19

    Member Number
    58330
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    154
    Motorhome
    Fiat Adria
    Quote Originally Posted by El Veterano View Post
    We used 3 extensivly over the last 2 years in France, and when we were in the UK it was our only source of internet connection for about 5 years up until October last year when we moved permanentely to France. It was fine then in the UK and was normally good enough for us in France, but there were times when in France it was painfully slow. Using a Huewai dongle it also proved esential that you used the Huewai app on your 'phone so that you reset the dongle from time to time when in France, otherwise you could spend hours trying to get it to connect. I suspect times have moved on now, and with the freedom of roaming now across Europe I suspect, as others have said, that there are better packages. We were paying 12.88 for 15Gb a month, which was just about enough for us. However how much longer the freedom of roaming for Brits abroad will last after Brexit is not clear - probably not long I suspect.
    Yes bugger and end of pet travel scheme

  10. #20

    Member Number
    15829
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by El Veterano View Post
    However how much longer the freedom of roaming for Brits abroad will last after Brexit is not clear - probably not long I suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidAgeTraveller View Post
    Yes bugger and end of pet travel scheme
    But on the brighter side We may get duty free on the ferry's again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •