CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: France on a budget

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by suneye View Post
    Worth knowing thanks - any way of knowing where to find these, although I am hoping for glorious sunshine of course and being able to wash and dry in the van, but just in case!!!
    Sorry - I know where the ones are that we have passed, but not anyway of finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Never had any trouble from our laundry when left alone what might it get up to ?
    Maybe I am just cautious but if it reached the end of its cycle, I would hate for some low-life to make off with it while I was browsing the cheese and wine in the supermarket.
    Thanks suneye thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    LWB Renault Master (WAV)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
    This was first posted by Sky 5 years ago and I still think it is the best posts I have ever read on here. A Few Tips For Your First French Trip.
    Thanks Richard, I'm still around lurking. I'm glad that old post is still proving useful.

I would have given you a 'like', but for some reason the button isn't responding - could be my security settings; I shall take a look.

Trevor
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.
    Likes Tbear liked this post

Member Number
    A lot of super markets have launderettes and its possible to sit in the van watching while your washing is being done, Once the cycle starts it won't open until it ends so you've no need to sit there all the time. B/F Poole to Cherbourg end of July mon to wed is 204 how much fuel to drive to dover and down to Cherbourg
    Thanks suneye thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Thanks Richard, I'm still around lurking. I'm glad that old post is still proving useful.

I would have given you a 'like', but for some reason the button isn't responding - could be my security settings; I shall take a look.

Trevor
    You are probably trying to click on the 'Like' that is not a link button. Look a little lower down & try clicking on that 'Like'.
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Quote Originally Posted by suneye View Post
    Thank you so much for taking time to share all this. This trip is about putting a toe in the water of venturing further afield in the van but I can see the value of some forethought thanks and particularly about being able to access the internet. Going to have to look at mifi or something similar.
    MiFi can have its advantages in terms of access wherever you have a mobile signal, but if you happen to be with BT for your Internet, you should have free access to the Fon network, which can be very useful, especially if on a budget.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    When in France use SFR WiFi Fon and log in with your BT Broadband details, see my post #11

FON - some tips getting set up
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    FON is great if you have a wifi antenna like an iBoost but as the roaming charges have been abolished (For now) you should be able to use your phone for a quick google (check with your provider) at the same cost as if you were at home but some restrictions on data usage may apply but for three weeks you should be fine. This can be really useful for just quickly googling for information on your locality when you turf up somewhere or even as your wandering about.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information