CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Morocco

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old Talbot Express 2.5 TD Burstner.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Where do you keep all those bottles of water when you're driving?
    In the van.
    .... Tom ....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    [QUOTE=carol;913170]Where do you keep all those bottles of water when you're driving?[/

I normally carry 6 full bottles in the shower but not been been driving for 16 days, a Brit who was leaving the valley gave us a load of empty bottles.

Water can be a bit of a problem here, a tanker visits every day, the guy charges 25 dirhams (£2) for as much water as you can take.

With my onboard tank & a load of bottles, it works out quite cheap. Reckon I took 160 litres yesterday.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    It was lovely to read the thread and very appropriate as I have just returned from Morocco but not in my van. I went back-packing. Travelled from Malaga - Tanger -Rabat - Casablanca - El Jadida -Essouira - Agadir.
    I was hoping to meet some van people and did get chatting to some Dutch people who were in Casablanca for the day. However I did notice, on my way to Agadir by bus, that the vans that used to park up along the Atlantic have been moved, and I saw a lot more camp and stopping places. The stopping place in Agadir was packed as I went past but as it was a long way from my hotel I didn't go back to visit.
    I have also been thinking about going to Morocco as I love travelling in the country and with my own transport I could get up into the lower atlas and other such lovely valleys. I should chum up with Carol!!
    Anyway enjoy the rest of your trip you certainly did miss a very horrible couple of weeks weather wise, I foolishly came back in the middle of it. I am now getting ready to go to Northern Spain for easter the beginning of my van travels this year.
    Likes spigot liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker 2 View Post
    It was lovely to read the thread and very appropriate as I have just returned from Morocco but not in my van. I went back-packing. Travelled from Malaga - Tanger -Rabat - Casablanca - El Jadida -Essouira - Agadir.
    I was hoping to meet some van people and did get chatting to some Dutch people who were in Casablanca for the day. However I did notice, on my way to Agadir by bus, that the vans that used to park up along the Atlantic have been moved, and I saw a lot more camp and stopping places. The stopping place in Agadir was packed as I went past but as it was a long way from my hotel I didn't go back to visit.
    I have also been thinking about going to Morocco as I love travelling in the country and with my own transport I could get up into the lower atlas and other such lovely valleys. I should chum up with Carol!!
    Anyway enjoy the rest of your trip you certainly did miss a very horrible couple of weeks weather wise, I foolishly came back in the middle of it. I am now getting ready to go to Northern Spain for easter the beginning of my van travels this year.
    Itís true the coastal stopping places above Agadir are limited especially around Tagazoute, where they are building 100s of holiday apartments, but we managed. Below Agadir there are dozens of wilding spots, mostly free.

We, too, want to get back to Spain for Easter & the Semana Santa celebrations, those Spaniards certainly know how to party!.

But Iím a bit worried about the weather, Looking at the satellite pictures, Iberia is shrouded in cloud & the forecast is not good while here we have cloudless blue skies & 26deg.
    Likes Moonraker 2 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post

Itís true the coastal stopping places above Agadir are limited especially around Tagazoute, where they are building 100s of holiday apartments, but we managed. Below Agadir there are dozens of wilding spots, mostly free.

We, too, want to get back to Spain for Easter & the Semana Santa celebrations, those Spaniards certainly know how to party!.

But Iím a bit worried about the weather, Looking at the satellite pictures, Iberia is shrouded in cloud & the forecast is not good while here we have cloudless blue skies & 26deg.
    in 1996 if my memory is right ,the old king came down invited us all to a big marquee and there was the plans for tagga beach area . seems the locals that farmed some of the area werent offered extended leases so it was all sold to big companies . the original model of it all was in the town hall area in agadir . showed the expanding golf course etc .
    the fishermans cottages were first to go . then a hotel close to taghazoute . then work along the valley up from there .
    its took along time to happen but it will change things .
    mind look at all the holiday villages that have been built along the coast all along the atlantic side . certainly a different place to when the hippies travelled that coast.
    there is loads of free stop overs its just so many just follow guide books etc and never have an adventure .
    Likes spigot, mrbigglesworth liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Totally agree with that last sentence.
    Likes vwalan liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Totally agree with that last sentence.
    cant say my parents were hippies exactly but we did do maroc in the early 60,s .
    and greece ,turkey etc . all of main europe .
    and living here in cornwall spent many weekends down in st ives .
    my mum sang in a sciffel group and we very often parked in st ives but slept down on the beach under the arches on the pier. nice campfire and music being played . was a great time . if it rained it was sleep across the beach in the lifeboat house . never be allowed these days .
    mind sleeping down on towan beach in newquay under the alcoves by the aquarium as is now looking at the house on the island was also common .
    all different to these days .
    had some good times in weymouth when we lived there as a young teenager .
    i,m sure my parents never grew up. hee hee . i,m not going to. ha ha
    Last edited by vwalan; 14-03-2018 at 21:00.
    Likes Deneb, spigot, mrbigglesworth, jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    FDB53E41-C476-4974-88E1-320F1BB251D4.jpg

For the last 4 years theyíve been building a fabulous, State of the Art, Olympic size swimming pool here in Tafraoute, puts to shame anything in UK. The way itís going, probably be finished next year.

I often wonder if theyíll allow mixed bathing as most of the women here are shrouded in black.

8D32164B-333D-48C6-9941-B5FAF8639297.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I would like to re-visit Morrocco

I went in 1992 with Exodus travels
    Highlights of Morocco | Exodus

But for 3 weeks
    Simply great ..My first "Adventure tour" many with "Exodus"

Unfortunately we live abroad in the winter but Maybe !
    Likes spigot liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Funny old weather here, zero deg during night, ice on windscreen 7am, 18 deg now, low 20s expected.

Something to do with being over 1000mtrs ASL.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information