CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: French Fuel Shortages

  1. #1

    Member Number
    55975
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    365

    French Fuel Shortages



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

  2. #2

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,684
    Location
    Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    We`ve just got back and i wasn`t impressed with the price over there

    To start with diesel at supermarkets was approx 1.399 euro p/l which went up to approx 1.459 euro p/l in the 5 1/2 week was over there
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor
    Likes Jeff G, Cheerful Charlie liked this post
    Thanks Jeff G thanked for this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    55975
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    We`ve just got back and i wasn`t impressed with the price over there

    To start with diesel at supermarkets was approx 1.399 euro p/l which went up to approx 1.459 euro p/l in the 5 1/2 week was over there
    Asda have just announced a price cut to boot.I havent been to France since last year and thought it was getting expensive then but !.49...ouch

  4. #4

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,684
    Location
    Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Asda have just announced a price cut to boot.I havent been to France since last year and thought it was getting expensive then but !.49...ouch


    We called in at Morrisons, High Wycombe on the way back and diesel was 1.319 p/l which made Morrisons, Leyland seems cheap at 1.259 p/l
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

  5. #5

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,561
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Now in Spain 1.17 heading towards Andorra where I will fill up 0.97 then maybe one more fill in France.

  6. #6

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,612
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Last time I drove abroad was back in 2010 - went to Italy via the western side (France, Luxembourg, Switzerland) and back home on the eastern route (Austria, Germany, Belgium) and found Luxembourg the best place to fill up price wise. Is that still generally the case?
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

  7. #7

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,357
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Last time I drove abroad was back in 2010 - went to Italy via the western side (France, Luxembourg, Switzerland) and back home on the eastern route (Austria, Germany, Belgium) and found Luxembourg the best place to fill up price wise. Is that still generally the case?
    Yes, Luxembourg always cheapest for fuel, and same rules as elsewhere being cheaper off of the motorway, but I usually use motorway service stations. At busy periods be prepared for a queue.
    Although service is fast as you fill up and then drive to pay kiosk, so no waiting for people getting coffee's and doing shopping.

  8. #8

    Member Number
    8791
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,793
    Never mind the price of fuel in France, it's the shortage the
    OP link refers to, no wonder my parcel from Lyon hasn't
    turned up yet. Bloody delivery truck's probably stuck
    in a layby somewhere

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •