CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wissant Aire warning

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre

Wissant Aire warning

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I saw this on fb and copied here just in case anyone is planning to stay there:

“Just a warning to anyone using Wissant aire, we were woken up this morning around 5.10am to the sound of our bikes being taken off the bike rack of the motorhome. We couldn't immediately get out of the motorhome and we think they'd jammed the door somehow. By the time we managed to get out they were already up the road, possibly 3 of them with a very expensive Giant bike ☹. They had bolt cropped through the locks. Not the best way to end your holiday and quite scary. The French police were useless 😡. Two very sad people heading home to the UK with a bitter taste of France in their mouths”
    2CV
    Thanks yeoblade, toasty, BGT180, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cv View Post
    I saw this on fb and copied here just in case anyone is planning to stay there:

“Just a warning to anyone using Wissant aire, we were woken up this morning around 5.10am to the sound of our bikes being taken off the bike rack of the motorhome. We couldn't immediately get out of the motorhome and we think they'd jammed the door somehow. By the time we managed to get out they were already up the road, possibly 3 of them with a very expensive Giant bike ☹. They had bolt cropped through the locks. Not the best way to end your holiday and quite scary. The French police were useless 😡. Two very sad people heading home to the UK with a bitter taste of France in their mouths”

We stayed there mid June & someone had their bikes taken, apparently it's a regular occurrence.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    We used Wissant early last month, packed in like sardines, however, with a late shuttle crossing, the aire wasa welcome stop for the night. On our return on Monday, we stopped at Cite Europe, Leclerc CP. With now having knowledge of both stop overs, I would use the latter, again. no sardine effect and, well lit us with security guards touring the vicinity at night, plus the have a huge dog that feeds on naughty people.

One off, the reasons we went for a MH with garage.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    This is why I'm reluctant to get a bike - think I'd be lying awake at night waiting for bike thieves.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Why did you not start up and reverse over the feckers,i would have done so and let them explain to police why there were in hospital.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    This is why I'm reluctant to get a bike - think I'd be lying awake at night waiting for bike thieves.
    I doubt they would steal a child's bike Carol, especially If you left the stabilizers on.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    I doubt they would steal a child's bike Carol, especially If you left the stabilizers on.
    OOR WUSSY

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Shame but could have even slammed hand on horn stuck van in reverse the reversing lights alone would have scared them off sounds like there’s a bike shop somewhere dealing in second hand bikes find the local bike shop bike repair shop good chance you’ll find these bikes.
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Sad to here your holiday was slightly spoilt by the thieving scum.
    I know you thought you had a decent chain but motorcycle type Boron lock & chains are very resistant to bolt cropping, it takes a good while to get through them with an angle grinder too!

They're expensive but give some piece of mind.

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Not a good way to end a hol. But by what I have seen a lot of people lock £1000s of worth of bikes with cheap locks . Buy ABUS GRANIT locks, bolt croppers will not go through them. The fact they used croppers says they were poor locks.
    I am not saying it makes them impossible to steal but they might make the thieves move on to a easier target.
    Likes channa, Nabsim, time4t liked this post

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information