CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Solo vanners... driving on the wrong side of the road...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    <snip> its the angle between the french motorway slip road and the motorway itself which is the problem when driving my RHD vehicle .... <snip> the mirror i have taped underneath my passenger windscreen visor can be angled as i can move the visor... so i have better line of vision. <snip>
    I've adopted the same idea in my LHD moho and first indications are that a mirror secured to the passenger visor is an excellent solution.
    I've used a Summit CV-1CG mirror (replacement glass only), which can be found from a number of suppliers on the Internet, including Commercial Mirror Head GLASS ONLY - 10" x 6" Convex - Universal 5012758111100 | eBay, and is of suitable dimensions for my sun visor; I hesitated about going for convex in case I ran into problems securing it, but thought that it would give a larger field of view. I've secured it to the visor using 3M 2-sided adhesive pads and Gorilla 2-sided tape and adhesion appears to be satisfactory to date; I have yet to find out how the adhesives perform when subjected to summer temperatures.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Knaus campervan

solo vanner

i understand totally what you mean, iíve not been abroad yet in my camper van itís left hand drive so in the uk itís a similar experience i imagine, i always leave a car length in front of me when coming to a junction, i can see the traffic more clearly, iím quite to it now luckily i can see through my rear window too, on the top of my door mirrors iíve fix a small half round mirror these give me a wider view too, itís also a good idea to put sticker on the rear of the vehicle, such as caution right hand drive, in your case when your in france, iíve put the same on mine but left hand drive, just gives the other road users knowledge of your situation, and of course headlight beam deflectors, because your headlight would shine into the oncoming traffic,
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information