CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Solo vanners... driving on the wrong side of the road...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Hopefully you indicate as well ...

In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.
    yes they do seem to go all around the roundabout in the 'outside' lane, little point in having the inner lane on most of them (but I use it )
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Hopefully you indicate as well ...

In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.
    Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.
    Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
    I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoblade View Post
    Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
    I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.
    #

we have REALLY useful messages on the side of motorways these days like "My daddy works on the motorway please take your rubbish home cos he might get hurt"....... as if we haven't got enough signs to read as it is....

i love the ROI because generally on smaller/A roads they tell you something on a sign... remind you once and then forget it..... here we ar bombarded with sometime 36 signs approaching a sharp bend in somerset.. ye we is all far too thick to be drivers... we need telling over and over and over
    Likes andyjanet liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information