CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo vanners... driving on the wrong side of the road...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Driving a x250 my primary visual aide are door mirrors, they are large and bottom one is wide angle, this and being electrically adjusted plus getting up to speed asap means I rarely need help.
    p.s. where I can struggle is roundabouts, but then I have gf to help. when driving a panelvan single handed I had a second interior mirror suction mounted just to left of standard mirror and angled out the passenger side window.
    colin this suction device sounds interesting as i could remove it and change the angle for left/right hand driving.... do you have a link to such a product please? thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    You could mount a small cam on mirror leg at angle and connect to screen inside,simple to do job.
    It might be for you!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    dont use m,ways . use only minor roads . thats how you see the country you are in.
    hug the kerb .
    best if in a rh drive van to have a window on the left handside behind the front door .
    as you get older you might get more childish like me .
    as a class 1 truck driver i now cant use m,ways . toll roads ,avoid dual carriageways ,
    as children arent allowed to play on busy roads.
    but use minor roads smile at the locals . thats how you find good places to stop, empty toilets , fill with water etc .
    local folk can be very helpful.
    i almost never use Mways alan - thats how i find interesting little villages - but if i want to drive a long distance in a shorter time having confidence to use the motorways would be useful. ...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Trafic swb High top

rear view camera

I have a high level camera on at all times. It helps. Had a near miss recently in the UK. Just on the Mway I was attempting to move towards the outside lane.Despite wing mirrors set at varying layers and camera I missed a hot hatch that must have followed me to the M. No idea how I missed his overtake move. Take ultra care.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieA View Post
    I have a high level camera on at all times. It helps. Had a near miss recently in the UK. Just on the Mway I was attempting to move towards the outside lane.Despite wing mirrors set at varying layers and camera I missed a hot hatch that must have followed me to the M. No idea how I missed his overtake move. Take ultra care.

where have you mounted your camera Jackie?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    where have you mounted your camera Jackie?
    Top of the wardrobe .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    colin this suction device sounds interesting as i could remove it and change the angle for left/right hand driving.... do you have a link to such a product please? thanks
    mine came from Halfords many years ago, I guess this is the up to date version. Summit Suction Car Mirror

If you google 'suction mount rear view mirror' you will see quite a few.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

yes yes

You could always get a second person to site on the blind side to help,im told there is a nice chap around glengormley that offers his services.
    yes we are all watching you?.pj

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    You could always get a second person to site on the blind side to help,im told there is a nice chap around glengormley that offers his services.

If it`s who i`m thinking of he`s a right dodgy geezer
    Trust No One
    Likes carol, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    From a truckies point of view, it is all about getting your mirrors set up properly.
    When I was trucking, I would have the normal mirror set so that I could just see my own truck and most of the view was further out. The wide angle was set to view from where the normal mirror view stopped.
    This would enable me to reverse an artic blind side around a 90 degree road junction.
    I might have needed to move my head and lean a little in some extreme circumstances.
    For me, I had and still do in my M/H have a full view when joining a M Way or similar and it is more difficult when joining at about 45 degree or more!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information