CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: Solo vanners... driving on the wrong side of the road...

  1. #81

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,248
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    just to finalise this.... the van went to Martock Panelcraft Ltd this week to have the rust removed and a new plate inserted to support the wing mirror support arm. The wonderful guys there also rebuilt my original passenger side plastic wing mirror, (it really was smashed and a bit was missing) and it looks brand spanking new... you could never tell it was smashed and it is no longer taped up !!!! YEA - This is a great body work shop which i would highly recommend. So vision restored.......
    God that must have been some tape i used to patch it up if lasted that long.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

  2. #82

    Member Number
    46529
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,600
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    God that must have been some tape i used to patch it up if lasted that long.
    HA HA !!! Yes Trev - a great repair thank you..... i did add one or two more lengths of tape as the rain loosened a couple of bits - but basically Trev your repair lasted 2 or was it 3 years !!! it would still be there had the storms not pushed a tree branch out into the lane before christmas and i didn't see it so cracked the whole thing...
    Likes Lee, trevskoda liked this post

  3. #83

    Member Number
    13285
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,800
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    I get the missus to say when it's safe to pull out & overtake, haven't had a head-on......Yet!
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

  4. #84

    Member Number
    11469
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,370
    Location
    UK and Thailand
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

    I stay in the slip road

    I drive more or less parallel to the main lanes and use the wing mirror.
    and steer gently but positively into the 1st lane as soon as possible/safe
    Only problem is if slip road is too short..
    Butt remember (mainly) the other users are not going to deliberately crash into you
    Busy roundabouts are a different problem !

    The other problem is narrow roads and sharp bends in towns and village with big lorries coming at you..

    Touch BOIS no collisions so far !
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

  5. #85

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,248
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I blame it all on napoleon.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes mark61 liked this post

  6. #86

    Member Number
    30323
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,956
    Location
    Where my wheels stop ...
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    I drive more or less parallel to the main lanes and use the wing mirror.
    and steer gently but positively into the 1st lane as soon as possible/safe
    Only problem is if slip road is too short..
    Butt remember (mainly) the other users are not going to deliberately crash into you
    Hopefully you indicate as well ...

    In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

    Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

  7. #87

    Member Number
    37932
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,470
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Hopefully you indicate as well ...

    In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

    Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.
    yes they do seem to go all around the roundabout in the 'outside' lane, little point in having the inner lane on most of them (but I use it )
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

  8. #88

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,248
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Hopefully you indicate as well ...

    In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

    Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.
    Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.
    Only dirty people wash

  9. #89

    Member Number
    37932
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,470
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.
    Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
    I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

  10. #90

    Member Number
    46529
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,600
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoblade View Post
    Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
    I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.
    #


    we have REALLY useful messages on the side of motorways these days like "My daddy works on the motorway please take your rubbish home cos he might get hurt"....... as if we haven't got enough signs to read as it is....

    i love the ROI because generally on smaller/A roads they tell you something on a sign... remind you once and then forget it..... here we ar bombarded with sometime 36 signs approaching a sharp bend in somerset.. ye we is all far too thick to be drivers... we need telling over and over and over
    Likes andyjanet, big tom liked this post

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •