CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas - France, Spain Portugal

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE

Gas - France, Spain Portugal

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    At the moment in my Adria I use 2 x Calorlite 6Kg Propane bottles. I can just about manage to lift these in and out of the gas locker which is midships under the bed.

What are my options for use in France, Spain & Portugal?

Last year in my VW I took a Campingaz bottle & pigtail with me for use in France. (Normally use Calor Propane 3.9Kg) I could do that again, it will be expensive - but is it as easily available in Spain & Portugal as it is in France?

Help! Thank you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    At the moment in my Adria I use 2 x Calorlite 6Kg Propane bottles. I can just about manage to lift these in and out of the gas locker which is midships under the bed.

Last year in my VW I took a Campingaz bottle & pigtail with me for use in France. (Normally use Calor Propane 3.9Kg) I could do that again, it will be expensive - but is it as easily available in Spain & Portugal as it is in France?

Help! Thank you.
    Caz, the best option is to fit refillable, even one if money is tight.
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!
    Likes BKen2, TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Forgot to add.
    LPG is everywhere in France and Portugal and in Spain you just need to look a little harder
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Maybe

As you have the pigtails
    Take one calor bottle out and leave at home
    Take the full one BUT
    Buy a french bottle asap and use in France
    Do the same in Spain
    Using your Calor as emergency/reserve

Yes Fixed LPG is best but not for one trip

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    If you are planning on going abroad regular then invest in a refillable system, makes life so much easier and you never have to lift a bottle in or out again
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button
    Likes delicagirl, Millie Master liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Knaus Sun Ti 650MF
    Get a refillable system like this one a bit pricey but for me it was more the convienence... but refilling is cheap ...one refillable bottle and keep a full Caralite as a reserve ...to keep looking for bottles and regulators for different countries on arrival could be expensive and a pain .

GAS IT 6 kg Self Refillable gas bottle with black remote fillpoint and fill hose for use in any motorhome, caravan, campervan, farrier vehicle & catering vehicle - GAS IT Leisure Gas Bottles, Gas Cylincers and Gas Tanks - Catering, Motorhome, Campervan, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions.
    Likes grath liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post

Help! Thank you.
    You'll have no problem buying bottle's of LPG in France or Portugal I always use Intermarche 10kg bottles as outlets all over France some outlets in Spain can be difficult. Apart from lifting them another problem you'll have, Is your locker size do the 6kg bottles fill your locker as their smaller bottles do seem to have a larger diameter.
    Can't help with the camping Gaz know as you its plentiful in France have seen it in Portugal supermarkets never noticed any in Spain but not been looking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i always have a problem filling my LPG gasit system .... and in UK many fuel stations staff are jobswurfs and wont help. but it is a great deal cheaper than exchanging bottles.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Quite apart from the huge cost involved, I don't want to fit a reflllable system as I drive an LPG/Petrol car so I know how difficult it is over here to find LPG without going miles out of my way.

I doubt I could lift anything much heavier than my Calorlites in and out of the locker. They weigh 10.5 Kg when full.

The Gas It 6KG seems to weigh over 12Kgs when full, maybe I could manage that, however it's too far from the locker to the side of the van to have an outside filler so it would be a case of disconnecting and lifting it out to fill - I didn't think garages allowed that?

I could fit one Le Cube in if I leave one of my Calors at home - but as I will only be travelling through France this time then it seems a bit pointless.

Having Googled a bit, I think Campingaz 907 bottles are available in Spain and Portugal so that seems the best option. I already have the necessary pigtail from my trip to France last year.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i think there are light weight bottles.... maybe they are the yellow ones? can anyone else comment on this for OP ? Maybe roamingrog knows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information