CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any campsite problems?

  1. #1

    Member Number
    54444
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Motorhome
    Rapido 883f

    Any campsite problems?



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are wanting to do a flying last minute visit to Almeria/mojacar area end of Feb/March. It's our first outing to Spain.
    I've read campsites are packed and wild camping is no go now in that area.
    Any experience or advice on this.
    Many thanks

  2. #2

    Member Number
    38814
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,758
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper winchcombe sprinter b
    They can be quite full if not full at that time of year, the end of March and April they start getting spaces back as that is when the snow birds start heading home

  3. #3
    Pauljenny's Avatar
    Pauljenny is offline Failed jackpot winner
    Name: Where's Me- Wallet
    Spouse: Long suffering

    Member Number
    32024
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,402
    Location
    Halfway up an East Algarve hillside
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    They can be quite full if not full at that time of year, the end of March and April they start getting spaces back as that is when the snow birds start heading home
    Agree with that.

    No problem with wildcamping, if you avoid the resort beaches.
    Loads of POI information, on here.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

  4. #4

    Member Number
    54444
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Motorhome
    Rapido 883f
    Happy with wild camping 😃

  5. #5

    Member Number
    36962
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    479
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    As with the rest of Spain I am assuming that the authorities do not like wild camping, and I can understand why when you ready some of the stories, however it is permitted to stay in any carpark ( not cities) where they can see you, as long as you don't put anything out; chair, mat, clothes dryer, extension!. I have done three, two month trips to northern and central Spain and use aires or car parks. If you stay away from the really popular places there is not problem at all. Most small villages have car parks that are often empty.. Nice to sit in the local bar/café too!!
    Likes jagmanx, mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks wildcampnewbie thanked for this post

  6. #6

    Member Number
    16303
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    158
    Motorhome
    Defleffs Summer
    If it you first trip to Spain then here are some tips.
    You MUST have high vis jackets if you get out of your vehicle on busy roads.
    Motorway tolls have reduced by 30%. ( January 15th )
    Motorway junctions are numbered by distance so J235 is 50km from J 285 . Simples!
    If you carry a bike on the back you MUST have a big red/ white warning circle or triangle. I think you are not allowed to carry bike on a car roof.
    Do have a good colour copy of your Passports, you can use this instead of handing over or showing passports when booking in on a site.
    I do hope you are not involved in any accidents but if you are make sure you record the registration of any lorry cab. Trailers have their own separate red registration plate and mysteriously no one can trace the driver from the trailer!
    Fuel is much cheaper than France or uk. I found diesel under €1 a litre before Christmas.
    Likes winks liked this post
    Thanks TeamRienza thanked for this post

  7. #7

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,040
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    If you are interested in the Almeria area you will have no trouble finding space on a campsite or camper stop. We are currently staying at Camping Cabo de Gata and it only gets full in the summer months. There are two nearby camperstops (paying aires) which both have plenty of space. It is also possible to wildcamp in many places, such as the beaches at Cabo village or Fabriquillas and, for under 7 euros, you can stay on the port car park at Almeria for 24 hours. Wildcamping is possible almost anywhere away from the coast - it is only on certain over-used beaches that people get turned off. Have a good trip.

  8. #8

    Member Number
    54444
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Motorhome
    Rapido 883f
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    If you are interested in the Almeria area you will have no trouble finding space on a campsite or camper stop. We are currently staying at Camping Cabo de Gata and it only gets full in the summer months. There are two nearby camperstops (paying aires) which both have plenty of space. It is also possible to wildcamp in many places, such as the beaches at Cabo village or Fabriquillas and, for under 7 euros, you can stay on the port car park at Almeria for 24 hours. Wildcamping is possible almost anywhere away from the coast - it is only on certain over-used beaches that people get turned off. Have a good trip.
    Thank you all for all this helpful info JohnH
    The most obvious question is how's the weather John?

    Those tips are great 're hi vis & passport copies glassman
    Excited 😀

  9. #9

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,040
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickywok View Post
    Thank you all for all this helpful info JohnH
    The most obvious question is how's the weather John?

    Those tips are great 're hi vis & passport copies glassman
    Excited ��
    Weather good at the moment. Clear skies and lots of sun. Very little rain this year and much calmer winds than usual (the one disadvantage with this area is that it can be very windy). Nights can be chilly because of the clear skies but so far no temperatures below zero. Daytime max hovers around 18 Celcius - should be over 20 by end Feb when you come out.

  10. #10

    Member Number
    54444
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Motorhome
    Rapido 883f
    Great stuff we have booked our ferry now to Caen mid February.
    We are bringing the furry friends before the drama of brexit kicks in.
    Can't believe brittany ferries charge 25 per dog each way for them to sit in the van....No discount either on the voyage club.
    Oh well...see some of you then.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •