CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member travelling to Scotland

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    Having just used the new road at Aberdeen I can safely disagree. Awesome!

Mull shook our rear step apart, not to mention our teeth. Geez that was the worst we have encountered and we have but a few islands to travel yet.

B2
    Ah, the Aberdeen bypass, late with opening, way over budget, which us the taxpayer will end up footing the bill. Maybe all our roads would be in good shape if the current Holyrood regime got their act together. Aberdeen bypass will open next week but at a cost of more than PS1 billion | Press and Journal

Back on topic, Mull V's Skye, with the RET (road equivalent tariff) it is a cheaper option to do Mull, plus as I mentioned previous, there are three ferry crossing options.

Skye, everybody and their granny look to tour Skye, of course the bridge makes the island that more accessible, hence so manic, compared to Mull.

To be honest and fair, I have done both islands on numerous occasions, even before Skye Bridge was constructed, Mull has a buzz about it, which in my opinion, Skye lacks.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes caledonia liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

i have a

Quote Originally Posted by invalid View Post
    Gooday blue, and welcome, donít forget the tinnies. Good bunch on here, and always there to help.
    cool one ,mucho grath ee us .pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Another vote for Mull. I donít know why people complain about the roads on Mull, never had a problem.
    Likes runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Another vote for Mull. I donít know why people complain about the roads on Mull, never had a problem.
    Ditto, even when towing our 6 metre RHIB plus tow vehicle would equal approx nine metre, drive to the conditions.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes caledonia liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    You often find the best wildcamps at the end of the bumpiest roads.
    Likes Alf, 2cv liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    You often find the best wildcamps at the end of the bumpiest roads.
    Aye, doon to Carsaig Arches, a must see and do!

Member Number
    Well there seem to be some assumptions being made so for the record.

We were at the time of our visit some 6 years ago driving a 98 Pilote. We kept to under 20mph, pulling over of course to let others past. Our rear step shook it's self to bits during the trip and I distincly remember some horrendous potholes. Now that of course was then and hopefully our beloved authorities have done some works in the meantime. With a more modern suspension it may well be another world.

I can only describe our experience with our vehicle.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    Well there seem to be some assumptions being made so for the record.

We were at the time of our visit some 6 years ago driving a 98 Pilote. We kept to under 20mph, pulling over of course to let others past. Our rear step shook it's self to bits during the trip and I distincly remember some horrendous potholes. Now that of course was then and hopefully our beloved authorities have done some works in the meantime. With a more modern suspension it may well be another world.

I can only describe our experience with our vehicle.

B2
    Main routes, are usually OK, some parts are well looked after, due to October rally week. Craiginure to Fionnphort same, especially for the coaches heading down to Iona with tourists.

When you come off these routes, say Uisken, Lochbuie, these smaller tarmac routes can be challenging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information