CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morocco Bound!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autoquest 195

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We came across to Morocco on the 18th after buying our open return ferry ticket at the highly recommended “Carlo’s”. 190 euros plus a bottle of wine and a packet of biscuits! The process of the crossing and customs was very easy. The vehicle temporary import form is no long completed by Carlos but is done once you have disembarked the ferry. The customs official takes your passport and V5 and returns with your documents and the import form. In total we waited less than 30 minutes. Then it’s straight onto the motorway.

Our plan was always to head south to follow the sun. The motorway now takes you as far south as Safi when you then join the more interesting N1. The first couple of days we drove between 2 and 3 hours to reach our campsites for the night which were Camping La Cheriaie, KENITRA; approx £5 then
    Camping International, EL JADIDA: approx £8. The next day we were on the road for
    about 3 1/2 hours to reach the highly recommended Camping LE KAOUKI BEACH. It’s about 25km south of Essaouira and almost right on a beautiful surfing beach - our chilled out adventure in Morocco can now begin, 20 degrees and lots of blue skies. The locals we have encountered have all been very helpful and polite. Long may it last. You never know you might catch us up, look for the Wild Camping Sticker.
    Thanks Al Sourer thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    IOverlander.com is a free app which would be very useful for finding formal and wild camping spots
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently Germany, Italy, England and Ireland
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Discovery 1 G610 WAC plus Motorhome
    We went with 4 other motors mostly wild camped in th desert, our motor is the blue 130 camper, called SASHA

YouTube

Vidio of trip, just highlights.
    Last edited by roamingman; 30-01-2019 at 22:19.
    http://www.130sasha.co.uk/www.130sasha.co.uk
    http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com
    Likes mark61, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    Gosh cliveandann that was a great list.

I have just come back from Morocco but I was not in my van, I like to back pack and for me it is cheaper.
    Please be aware those of you who have posted stops from previous years they have now really clamped down on wild camping and prefer you to stay in the allocated camps - especially after the killing of the two young women.
    I did see a few vans wilding at Mirleft but nothing like there used to be. The camp sites are reasonable about 8-10 euros ( 80 - 100 dirhams) but the few I visited in Agadir, Tisnit and Sidi Ifni were pretty full - of French and Germans. I saw very few Brits.

I enjoy Morocco enormously and travel on my own. I find the people very friendly ( or curious) and would encourage you to engage with them too, especially away from very touristic areas. Be aware that as you travel away from tourist area they may not even speak French, only Arabic and if you go far south then Berber. Practice your charades but most of all I hope you really enjoy it.
    Likes witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Hope you have a great trip.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Euromobil 635 A Class

Morocco bound

Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Hope you have a great trip.
    Many thanks it's the good will and open ended thinking that makes life and traveling worthwhile
    Alex ( Al Sourer)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information