CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: MoHo at Slovenia

Member Number

MoHo at Slovenia

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi,

Looking for a recommendations at Slovenia (mainly), Croatia and south Austria, for not so crowded places.

We’re out there at August with the children (6&10).

Tips and tricks will be appreciated.

Thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    We spent five weeks in Slovenia a couple years back. Not having small children with us we weren’t looking for activities for them. But to be honest I don’t remember seeing many. Slovenia is about countryside scenery, walking, cycling et cetera. It has an amazing history as well with the borders being carved up. On the west you have the bits of land that changed from Italian to Austrian to Slovenian. On the east in the middle you have plains with amazing barns. Lots of wineries. An absolute must is the Pstjonia (spelling) caves. We’ve done so many caves we wouldn’t normally bother but this really was exceptional. And the little castle next door where the chap was killed on the toilet. Oh and idrja for the silver mine tour.
    Blog at Clunegapyears.com
    Likes delicagirl, Silver sprinter, 5andy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Merlin Autohomes Motorhome 4 berth overhead cab
    Slovinia- Highly recommend Predjama Castle (half of it is in a cave) and about 9km away Postojna Cave ( which starts with a 3km train ride, into the cave and the most spectacular sights.
    I would recommend a full day to do each.
    A nice stopover before you get into Croatia is Pension Patrick. Well worth paying the extra for breakfast.
    If you do and get to meet Marion mention that we stayed there and the funeral of father of the chief protocol. Say we said hi.

Croatia- Camping Glavotok; good campsite on Krk with Scuba diving, kyak etc and a nice infinity pool overlooking the sea.
    Last edited by Braveheart; 14-06-2019 at 10:16. Reason: Addition
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance..."
    last words of Gen. John Sedgwick
    Battle of Spotsylvania 1864

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Here is my write up on Slovenia. we pretty much just went to and near the Triglav National park. Enjoyed it, people were smashing.

Slovenia - Adventures In Hank The Tank

Thread Information