CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Iran????

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    - availability of ATMs. We changed Ä500 into local at the border with Georgia and used credit cards to the tune of £500 for a toal of 31 days (24 Georgia). As I recall ATM's and cards widely available / used.
    - but what about vehicle insurance? Is this what you did on the border? Yes in Georgia with a broker but we could have arranged prior to entry. It wasnt mandatory! Armenia you need(ed) to buy their local insurance at the border
    - How easy was it to find water and diesel? No problems with either.

Georgia is definitely more western and easier to negotiate -good English etc. Armenia is more rooted in the Soviet era and less English more Russian although we sensed that was changing.

We would love to go back and do both Azerbaijan and Iran. In the case of the former RHD can be temporarily imported as a tourist. Whilst we would love to do Iran I feel that the Stans are a more realistic option.

In searching for info beware of much that is second or third hand on the web and often posted years ago: things are changing!
    Likes mark61, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Had to wait at border for 3 days to enter Iran then when visa came it only allowed 24 hrs until we had to leave
    Likes Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Concorde charisma
    Do you think this would fool them
    30F16868-EC47-40F2-A7C8-DBC2789611F3.jpg
    Both of you sit in the front and see if you get away with it
    Post on here which prison you want the cake with a file in sent to
    Likes saxonborg, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    Had to wait at border for 3 days to enter Iran then when visa came it only allowed 24 hrs until we had to leave
    Heard similar and what I was referring too re transiting visas, a source of amusement to those on RTW trips,

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    What a great trip.
    Short notice, it's the Horizons board meet this coming weekend. Well worth going to, last one I was at there was a few companies organising 4x4 own vehicle trips over that way. Usually offer a lot even if you have no intention of going on their trip.

Would have gone to HUBB meet, but going to Germany this weekend.

https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hu...une-13-a-95323
    Thanks, but in Corsica at the moment ... 🌞 I did suggest to OH yesterday ... should we get an overlander ... a slightly withering look was my reply!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Yesterday I emailed the Azerbaijan consulate about the right-hand drive and Iran about a tourist visa without sponsorship. See what we get back from them.
    Sitting on a boarder for three days for one day Visa entry isnít my idea of fun. These short visas are for transit through.
    We have plenty of time but Iíll keep you posted on what we find out and what we discover. If it all becomes too difficult it may not happen but I think certainly Georgia and Armenia are good to go.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    If it all becomes too difficult it may not happen but I think certainly Georgia and Armenia are good to go.
    Alternatively I believe there is a midnight train to Georgia!
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes Tezza33, Clunegapyears, channa liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Sitting on a boarder for three days for one day Visa entry isnít my idea of fun. These short visas are for transit through.
    You can only take whats offered we wanted a week thats all they,d give us

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Well here is a country that does want visitors. Below is the email I just received from the Armenian consul. How warm and welcoming is this?

Copied...
    First of all allow us to say Ė welcome to Armenia! And regarding your request we think you are all set to visit our country, if your pets have all required papers for EU. You really donít need visas and for insurance also no problem Ė there are international and local bank branches could provide to you good service. But in case Iím going to ask our colleagues to check everything and shall come with answers very soon. By the way, when youíre planning to go there?

Your question : Any entry or exit requirements that we should take into account for them?
    Give sunshine smile to customs Ė they really need it.
    Likes mark61, shaunr68, yeoblade, channa liked this post

Member Number
    Just a heads up, there is currently a foreign office warning on border troubles between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Armenia travel advice - GOV.UK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information